Advert

Some years ago, in the 50's I believe, the Aeromodeller gave away a free plan of the Cessna Bird Dog, perhaps with another model on the other side of the sheet. I have the mag somewhere. If I could get a copy of the plan I might spend a few hours finding the mag. Postage,copying costs would be gladly re-embursed. Of all the mags RCM&E is the best, including all the glossies published here. Still fly a Sub-Mini with Dart.
Jim

• 2 years later...
  • 9 years later...

79fed379-776f-416c-834c-a23f4aa3e4cf.jpeg57c4ffab-9c7b-4a26-be38-f974522c7feb.jpegWith so much going on and being away from home a lot in the last two months my serious building has been on the back-burner. However I will fulfil my long held ambition to attend the Shuttleworth Trust May ModelAir event and booked in to camp there on 11 and 12 May! Can’t do that without an Ebenezer so looked for a thread and found this one, dormant since 2009! It will serve the purpose. Time being of the essence I used the design for my indoor electric Depron BipeOne and modified it to 1/8”” and 1/16” balsa, increased the upper wing span by 2” to 24”, increased the angle of incidence from 1 to 3 degrees to suit free flight and enlarged the fin slightly. A perfect opportunity to finally use my beautiful miniature Mills 0.4 diesel for the first time. Here it is, I will do some paint detail and fit the motor tonight. If I can get the trim right before I wreck it, it ought to fly ok. BipeOne shown for comparison, this one will be BipeToonezer!02e6a218-0764-4242-b63e-099205e8a491.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

The BipeToonezer flew straight out of my hand at the MayFly and needed no adjustments to c of g or trim. The mini-Mills 0.4 ran just like a Mills should. Even running with a drop of fuel in the thimble tank I was having to chase it a long way. By the end of the day my Fitbit Versa was showing over 26,000 steps! On the fourth flight I mistakenly tweaked the compression and the result was a spiral climb to around 200 ft before the engine stopped bd09f1ec-f59f-42d2-8075-d960815fcfd8.jpegand it finished up in a tree! I had to shake the tree to get it down and that damaged it enough to end its flying for the day. (I’ve fixed it now). I also made a BipeThreenezer variant which although aerodynamically the same looks more vintage. I fitted it with a “new in box” Cox TeeDee .020. I didn’t have the time to run it up before the weekend trip to Old Warden so elected not to try and fly it. However as the other one flies so well I am sure that this will too. However I ran the engine for the first time yesterday and found that thrust is more than the weight, it will go vertical! Also a full tank runs the engine for about two minutes, so I have to think about the best way to operate it.

ea770c68-8286-4ba1-b107-275c6f1e7f9a.jpegI thought I would add a bit more detail to my Ebenezer variation of BipeOne and have rechristened it “BipeFree’nEzer. After the excellent experience with flying the Javelin outdoors with “indoor” radio based on a Deltang rx, I think I might add that here, because with the poke in this motor and a two minute engine run, I have no doubt that the first flight will be the last time I ever see it. Anyway, now that the silly season is coming to an end, I will get back to the Fury, particularly as Danny has got going again!7d3eff22-58d5-4bc9-ad77-d1a17df2b4eb.jpeg

• 4 years later...