Futaba Attack Sport

michael harper 2

Advert

BMFA Handbook has the answers:

7.2      The 27 MHz Band

(a)  Identification is by coloured ribbon attached to transmitter aerial in the colours as listed when using 20 kHz spacing and a   white flag with channel number in black when using 10 kHz spacing..

(b)  The channel spacing on this band is 10 kHz and all modern sets, with the CE mark, should meet this specification. However, many older specification sets are still in use and these have a minimum channel spacing of 20 kHz. This situation will remain for a number of years so if you are operating narrow band 27 MHz then be aware of the danger.

(c)  You must not use an old 20 kHz split crystal in a new set. Even if you wish to transmit on the same frequency, a new narrow band crystal will be required in a narrow band set.

(d)  The 27 MHz band is legally shared by other users, in particular, model cars, model boats, citizens band operators and an increasing number of radio controlled toys. It therefore cannot  be recommended for use by airborne models.  In fact many clubs have already found it necessary to ban it completely.

(e)  If you really must use it take great care particularly near urban areas and remember when you fly a model aircraft you are personally responsible for the safety of the flight.  So think very carefully before proceeding because of the many sources of potential interference..

Channel Frequency Old Colour Channel Frequency Old Colour
1 26.965   17 27.125 Orange-Yellow
2 26.975 Black 18 27.135  
3 26.985   19 27.145 Yellow
4 26.995 Brown 20 27.155  
5 27.005   21 27.165  
6 27.015   22 27.175 Yellow-Green
7 27.025 Brown-Red 23 27.185  
8 27.035   24 27.195 Green
9 27.045 Red 25 27.205  
10 27.055   26 27.215  
11 27.065   27 27.225 Green-Blue
12 27.075 Red-Orange 28 27.235  
13 27.085   29 27.245 Blue
14 27.095 Orange 30 27.255 Blue
15 27.105   31 27.265  
16 27.115   32 27.275 White or Purple

Most people used 27Mhz 2 channel radios when I was model yacht racing - probably because the 1 metre class rules are limited to 2 channel control.  That was some years ago. I think most would be on 2.4 ghz now if only to avoid the need to swap channels to avoid clashes in races.  Not sure if I'd use 27Mhz in an aircraft because of potential interference.

It will be absolutely fine. 

I still use 27 Mhz in (electric power) R/C cars. . I have four of them, all on Futaba 2-channel AM radios, and all on different colours (freqencies).

The grandchildren play with them extensively during school holidays. 

There is no interference from the other transmitters or from the electric motors. 

It's old radio but it still works.  

Back in the '70s, I used to race electric cars with Futaba 27MHz am gear. The motors were brushed, often with worn out brushes casuing a lot of sparking and none of them had any suppression components fitted at all. The only time I ever got any interference was when someone else turned their transmitter on, on the same frequency.

It should be fine!

Simon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

With an old brushed motor with the antiparasite kit or Brushless ?.

Two have brushed motors with "sparky" mechanical speed controllers which are worked by a servo. 

The other two have brushless motors with electronic speed controllers. 

None of them experience any interference. 

The radios are perfectly okay for models which don't go airborne.