Hitec Rx's

John  Tee

I will soon be collecting a new model fitted with digital servos. I currently use Hitec Flash 8 Tx which is compatible with digital according to the write up, and Optima 6/7 channel Rx's. Are these Rx's suitable for digital servos. The Maxima Rx is digital only so do I need to upgrade to a Maxima?

Thanks for any advice,

John

Hi John   

Hitec write up does advise if using a lot of Digital servos to maybe power the receiver through the SPC port 

on separate supply.  This port is for receiver only,  servo power through separate battery supply 

Not sure if digitals are better on 6 Volts 

I am using 6 volts for analogues servos  in all my Hitec gear (7 set ups ) 

From what I understand the Maxima series operate at a higher refresh rate (every 7ms) than the Optima receivers, this can cause analogue servos to overheat. The Optima series operate at a lower refresh rate, suitable for analogue servos (typically every 21 ms), digital servos are fine on the lower refresh rate.

Digital servos will draw more current so could overload a battery in some instances, so if you think your power supply isn't up to the job you can power the receiver section via the SPC port to stop an Rx brown out, the servos will still stop working but the Rx won't shut down.

John, in this instance it will how good your BEC is in the ESC with power to the servos, but if the servos lose power then on a heli having the rx still working but with no servos probably won't make a big difference 😉

If you are going to be doing 3D flying and rapid tick/toks etc then the faster response Maxima Rx will speed up the heli response, not that I would notice but the top guys say they can feel the faster response.