All things flying

weasel

Advert

2 hours ago, extra slim said:

Looks kind of electric pylon E2K ish. That’s a fair chunk of motor up front Weasel.. no wonder you are asking for CG info 😄

Hello Extra slim... it had the engine mount already fitted I've got a ASP 36  there was also a fuel tank installed so it's been for glow.. 

Generally I would start off with about a 1/3 cord back from the leading edge especially as it is a straight parallel cord wing.

The other parameters are the aileron and elevator movement. If your Tx has rates then I would set them up for the ailerons and elevator as well.

Before flying check how the model is balanced side to side. With the wing in place, hang the model at the the top of the vertical stabiliser (rudder) and also at the nose. Which ever wing side drops then put some weight in the the light wing until plane is level.

Once the plane is flying safely there are techniques to determine the best place for CG by noting how it flies.

P.S. I would think a 36 will be a bit overpowered for a 36" wingspan 👍

Edited by John Wagg

• 4 weeks later...

I have a WASP and it's a speed demon! It'll be bonkers on that IC Motor!

About 8 or 10 of us did a mass build of wasps a few years ago. A swarm was created.

The model does 1 thing.........Speed

I haven't flown mine for a while as I have high blood pressure.

It will bank and yank at speed so keep your control movements down to sensible throws and watch out for landings because it takes ages to slow down.

Plan for a very long and shallow approach.

The ailerons are of limited use, but the elevator is very effective.

Best flown into a stiff breeze for landing.

Maybe check with your Doctor if you are of a nervous disposition Hahaha

KB