Gluegun question

martin collins 1

My gluegun is beginning to pee me off, i only bought it a few months ago and it has a habit of switching the heat off, presumably some sort of thermal overload, once it has cooled sufficiently it heats up again. But more often than not when i pick it up to use it to glue another part the glue has gone cold and it wont come out of the nozzle or it as almost cold and you get a dribble that is only warm and no use to man nor beast. I end up switching it off leaving it ten minutes and then switching on and waiting for it to heat up. Tell me this is not the norm and if not please point me in the direction of a GOOD glue gun which uses 11mm sticks before i pull all my hair out 🤬

I have had a Lidl glue gun for years never had any problems with it also a diy shop bought one no issues .

Sounds like you got a duff one. just go and get a cheap one from anywhere if it is if occasion use. If you are going to be using it all day every day then buy a professional one.

Its true you get what you pay for.

Steve.