Swift Glider

Ok…. Can I ask why you have gone for that combination? I’m trying, but I just can’t see any performance or handling pluses to such a setup, especially given you aren’t using a plank section. With that wing sweep it also means it is super short coupled.

Advert

Lovely flying site, and the model seems to fly pretty well, but without an elevator I cannot see what benefit the tailplane is giving. It looks like you are still carrying reflex on the elevons; presumably you will shim the tailplane now to enable that to be eliminated? Or is there another purpose to the tail (maybe just orientation / looking racy?) that I am missing?

Edited by MattyB

1 hour ago, MattyB said:

Lovely flying site, and the model seems to fly pretty well, but without an elevator I cannot see what benefit the tailplane is giving. It looks like you are still carrying reflex on the elevons; presumably you will shim the tailplane now to enable that to be eliminated? Or is there another purpose to the tail (maybe just orientation / looking racy?) that I am missing?

The Elevons are neutral . No reflex at all.

Steve.

1 hour ago, Richard Harris said:

That flies well Steve, well done :classic_smile:

Thank you 👍🏻

As you know the project doesn't stop here. 

I am pleased with it so far. 

I did not have to alter anything it flew 1st time without any issues or alteration and handle's great too.

Cheers, Steve.

• 4 months later...