Clear coat question

I'm finishing off my first kit build to use glassfibre (a Sarik Cessna 120).  The paintwork is white Halfords rattle can with red trim and lettering done with airbrushed Tamiya acrylic.  I presume I need to put a clear coat over the top as I've used waterslide decals for the Cessna logo on the fin plus some permanent marker lines for door outline etc.  What would you recommend?  I'm a bit nervous as to the solvents used in rattle can paints and varnishes - I don't want to see my pride and joy dissolving into something resembling a Salvador Dali work!

Any recommendations?

Advert

Firstly is it electric or i/c.

Clearkote will be fine for electric set up, although will give a gloss finish, 

For a eqivalent : "rc world" do Poly C, which will give a matt finish and is fuel proof,and the more coats is "ding proof" 

Hope this helps - cheers Graham 

Thank you chaps for the replies.  Andy, I wasn't aware that permanent marker isn't, er, permanent!  I will have to attend to that.  Any ideas on what I could do?  Sorry for the questions but I'm fairly new to building generally and very new to glassing and painting.  I've attached a couple of photos of the model in question. 

20221220_130629.jpg

20221220_130526.jpg

• Thanks 1