Aeromodelling at seventy-four.

David Davis

2 hours ago, Martin McIntosh said:

Ha Ha.

I had my eyes lasered to give me long distance stereo vision 10 years or so ago. I am left eyed but  they did not get that one quite right and kept saying that it would improve over time, which of course it did not. Still infinitely better than paying £500 every two years for glasses.

Over the last six months or so I have to take tablets for a heart condition and supposedly to relieve pain in my spine which they don`t despite an operation. A side effect is that they affect my sight. They keep swapping from left to right eyed and I can now see closer and closer with my right but distance is now blurred so the opposite to when they were lasered.

I can still fly OK but need help to carry stuff to the patch. Will just have to wait and see what happens.

Martin, I can sympathise.

My lower back has gradually been getting worse throughout the year.

I have tried every remedy known to man, but had to give up in the end and go private (Even more ouch).

After a never ending round of consultations / scans / epidural etc. it looks like a nuts and bolts job.

Kiss goodbye to at least £25000.

But what price health and mobility, and thank God for our hobby which I can still carry out in small doses.

My very best wishes to you.

Advert

I suggested to my doctor that I was considering going private because the pain was getting just too much, but he told me not to bother. Things then actually got going quite quickly with the NHS and the surgeon removed a vertebra, ground it down to relieve pressure on the nerve then replaced it. If they had done the adjacent one at the same time then I think that I may have been cured by now. I was mobile straight away and could easily have driven myself home that day.

3 hours ago, SIMON CRAGG said:

Martin, I can sympathise.

My lower back has gradually been getting worse throughout the year.

I have tried every remedy known to man, but had to give up in the end and go private (Even more ouch).

After a never ending round of consultations / scans / epidural etc. it looks like a nuts and bolts job.

Kiss goodbye to at least £25000.

But what price health and mobility, and thank God for our hobby which I can still carry out in small doses.

My very best wishes to you.

I had an accident in 1986, (  35 at the time ) and should have had my L4/L5 vertebrae bolted together, I saw a French osteopath who at the time I was driving a Renault 18 estate and he suggested to change to a Peugeot as the seats were better for my back problems ( 305 Estate ) he also told me to get a hard mattress and taught me how to get dressed, shoes on in and out of my car and all sorts of movements to keep my back straight and strengthen my abdominal muscles to hold my vertebrae in place, well that was 35 years ago and still doing well thanks to him.