Veron Super Robot

Richard Acland

A brilliant trainer model. My youngest son learnt to fly with a very nice example bought S/H from a local model shop. When we turned up at the club we found out it had been built by our club treasurer.  Excellent flight characteristics, no vices and a tough durable model. Have fun .

My son had mastered the flying not but not the rest of the stuff that goes with it , like charging batteries ! He turned up with it and after a few minutes in the air it became very sluggish then no control and flew (crashed ) into an abandoned Orchard next to our field. The nose of the plane found a nice pear tree trunk to bury its self in ! Engine smashed beyond repair but the rest of the model was repaired easily by his garage fairy (dad) as its an uncomplicated build and flew many more times.

Edited by Engine Doctor

12 hours ago, Engine Doctor said:

A brilliant trainer model. My youngest son learnt to fly with a very nice example bought S/H from a local model shop. When we turned up at the club we found out it had been built by our club treasurer.  Excellent flight characteristics, no vices and a tough durable model. Have fun .

My son had mastered the flying not but not the rest of the stuff that goes with it , like charging batteries ! He turned up with it and after a few minutes in the air it became very sluggish then no control and flew (crashed ) into an abandoned Orchard next to our field. The nose of the plane found a nice pear tree trunk to bury its self in ! Engine smashed beyond repair but the rest of the model was repaired easily by his garage fairy (dad) as its an uncomplicated build and flew many more times.

It was my first R/C model when I was stationed in Germany and a member of the RAF Wildenrath model club. Powered by an OS 40FSR. Since then I have had 40 odd years of modelling and built many different models. For some reason I have gone all nostalgic and fancy another Super Robot. I even have a brand new OS 40 FSR waiting for it.