My mini Lidl glider 4 motor conversion made with drone parts finally got it's maiden!

Bonzo Moon

Advert

1 hour ago, Bonzo Moon said:
We had a flyable day yesterday and my 4 motor Lidl mini Glider RC conversion built with 4 very small 4 drone motors finally got off the ground. How did it go? 😁. Link to the build blog is at the end of the video!

Totally barmy, love it.

2 minutes ago, extra slim said:

Well done that man, can’t beat a bit of a change/challenge.. bet it made your day

40 minutes ago, SIMON CRAGG said:

Brilliant, you have surpassed your usual high standards Bonzo. Great effort!.

Thanks guys, and yes, you might  have heard me chuckle as I retrieved it.   Most fun I've had with a model plane in a long time. An interesting design challenge and also a  challenge to fly! Brilliant fun.  I went to a flying festival in France in September, they were trying to charge 20 euros  for those in one stand. Or £10 in a display tent at ground level.

Even better when they are a fiver in Lidl.

I've got another one at home, not sure what I'll do with it. I have some lightweight servos spare and a micro rx that will work with a 1s lipo? Watch this space! 

2 hours ago, john davidson 1 said:

Have you obtained on of the Lidl free flight Pteranodons? lots of potential there, my one flies very well so thinking of scaling up two times for rc with a small fan on top.

I missed those and just Googled can't find any information? Sounds like fun though!