Jetsmart Avro Vulcan

MikeQ

Hello

Anyone have any experience of a kit ... Jetsmart Avro Vulcan.  I was ‘gifted’ the kit by a clubmate and don’t wether to thank him or hit him 🙂.  Its for electric pushers but might make a decent little PSSA, especially if beefed up.  Foam wing plus a LOT of vac formed parts for the fuse etc.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by MikeQ

Any pictures Mike, I must admit Im not familiar with the kit and a quick search online doesnt bring up anything under the title.

Vulcans generally make very good all round PSS models regardless of size - good wing area, clean lines, solid shape.   Foam wing panels are good too, robust etc, do you know what sort of section it uses?? 

Vac forms - not so good generally - they get cold and can go brittle on the slope, so do condsider some strengthening on any large unsupported structures, PSS models have a tougher life than power, not landing on wheels or on prepared strips.  Are the vac forms ABS, Polycarb, other? 

Would love to see a picture or two and learn more about the model youve been gifted, sounds more like a thank-you than a punch due to me! 😉

• Like 1

Hello

Lol, I did effectively swap an unbuilt KeilKraft Chief kit for it but the more I look at it the better it looks.  Wouldn’t have built the Chief anyway from the kit wood.  Found a couple of threads and seems to have been quite well thought of back around 2002 time.  Probably just surprised by how many mouldings there are.  Wood looks good and cores look good.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?17328-Avro-Vulcan/page3

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?162145-Jetsmart-avro-vulcan-available/page3

cheers

mike

EFBB2EC4-0CA0-4108-9AE4-1BF9315EFA47.jpeg

D7BDB411-82D2-4BA1-81DC-A752684A9459.jpeg

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...