ESM Focke Wulf 71" servo recommendation

Artto Ilmanen

Gents,

I have been thinking of Savöx SC-0253MG as they seem to be campaign priced at local hobby shop. 

Alternatively Savöx SC-0352 (this is a composite gear servo - I wonder if it stands the Laser 150 4-stroke vibrations?)

Anyways, as I have never used Savöx servos: any first hand experience in terms on how well they center? And are they similar to other quality standard servo makes (Futaba, Hitec, etc.)  in terms of slack development and long term reliability?

Any other reasonable priced alternatives I could have a look at?

I do happen to have unused Hitec HS-5645MG /D645 servos sitting on the shelve..although they may be overkill for the purpose?

thanks

Advert

Savox servos have been around for quite a while and are quite popular, I have several and they have been fine, some in a Laser 150 powered Seagull Maxilift, can't remember which ones though. Friend has the HV higher torque ones in his 28% scale 190 (only done a couple of test flights so far)

I think Jon at Laser uses Savox in a few of his warbirds.

13 minutes ago, Frank Skilbeck said:

I think Jon at Laser uses Savox in a few of his warbirds.

Yep i do indeed. 

You do not need to go mad on this one Artto. The ailerons especially are quite small in area and very effective so even a standard 148 servo would do. In truth you could probably operate the whole model using standard servos but if you are shopping for new servos anyway then you might as well upgrade them a bit. the savox 352 is good and would be great for the elevator. You could then use savox 351's on everything else. 

The servo requirement of a warbird is generally not that high as control surfaces tend to be fairly small and control surface deflections pretty low. My 72 inch pica P40 was 15lbs and had a 155 in it. That flew fine with standard servos on everything and the 88 inch yellow Spit i picked up a few years ago had flown its entire life on standard servos as well. That said, i will be upgrading it to a smattering of savox 351 and 352 when its time to shine comes around. 

Thanks gor everybody for your advise

@Jon: here is the thing:

my local hobby shop sells the SC-0253MG at the same price (26,8€) as the 352. The 351 is just few € cheaper so I might as well go for the best out of these, what ever it then is? 

So quality wise - is the metal gear (SC-0253) the best in long term ? Or is the 352 best out of these,  for some reason?

another thing: would it be advisable to use a quality analog servo (such as Futaba S3001) for throttle due to engine vibration pulses? Or am I just fine with any of aforementioned Savöx for throttle servo, as well?

1 hour ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Futaba S3010 will do the job, good sturdy servos that won't break down.

Paul,

Thanks - I happen to have these in my GP Super Chipmunk. However, Futaba S3010 seem to be more expensive than similarily performing Savöx (SC-0253MG) and Futaba is analog with nylon gears..?

5 hours ago, Artto Ilmanen said:

would it be advisable to use a quality analog servo (such as Futaba S3001) for throttle due to engine vibration pulses?

You worry to much. 

If we were discussing a 9g servo you picked up on ebay as a 10 servos for 8 euro deal then you would be right to worry, but any full size servo from futaba, savox, hitec etc will be fine