Has anyone tried to colour rubber wing bands to match models ?

As per title . I tried to dye dome rubber bands so as not to stand out so much on a model. Please don't suggest wing bolts as too strong for a stick structured model.

I tried various dyes but nothing seems to take to the bands . But worked very well on hands ! I had a hole in the rubber glove !! Has anyone had any success dyeing the white bands ?

My next attempt will be to try some permanent marker pens as I want some  blue bands. Any suggestions ?

10 hours ago, Engine Doctor said:

As per title . I tried to dye dome rubber bands so as not to stand out so much on a model. Please don't suggest wing bolts as too strong for a stick structured model.

I tried various dyes but nothing seems to take to the bands . But worked very well on hands ! I had a hole in the rubber glove !! Has anyone had any success dyeing the white bands ?

My next attempt will be to try some permanent marker pens as I want some  blue bands. Any suggestions ?

What model is it that's too fragile for plastic bolts ?

14 hours ago, Don Fry said:

Search “10 x Large *Blue* Strong Thick 6" x 1/2" Rubber Elastic Bands No.89 150mm x 12mm” e bay uK

Hi Don. Found them and not far from where I live  and they look the correct shade of blue for this project.👍🙂 Have searched in the past and not found any hence the thread. 

20 hours ago, PatMc said:

What model is it that's too fragile for plastic bolts ?

2 hours ago, Dave Bran said:

Err, screws have adjustable tension........................especially with an O ring under,   me no understandee.................

The model is designed for Rubber band held wing . Screws , plastic bolts etc are too rigid if the plane tips or catches a wing. Bands allow some give and minimise any damage. Anyway all sorted and Bands ordered.