YT hurricane for sale or keep engine problems

I have a vintage YT Hurricane 82 in wing not a good scale builder as I like to see them flying rather than looking at and terrified of breaking them. Had an Italian Minter engine Yt retractable undercarriage fitted navigation, and landing lights I have a OS 200 4 stroke engine? Can you help do I need a bigger engine? Still thinking of selling as a have inherited 4 large warbirds so planning to keep 2 

George 

332216AE-C995-4D87-A991-9CF0D68C7880.jpeg

E47722E6-A620-4926-936C-74ECB6145D0E.jpeg

Edited by Chris Bott - Moderator
Email address removed

Hi George and welcome to the forum. 

I've removed your email address from the post because leaving it like that makes it very easy for fraudsters to get hold of it. 

Folk will answer your questions in other posts here. If they wish to contact you directly, they will use the personal message system. 

Nice looking model, by the way. 

Chris

Hi Ron, and Chris, thanks for not putting my email address. I never thought of that  I live in Herne Bay, Kent near Canterbury so do you think the four stroke, 200 would be suitable. The Minter has flown with the aircraft and it went very well, but the engine has a bad reputation so I hear I did run it extra oily as suggestions said that would help keep it going for longer. I think that’s why I had an offer on eBay for £500 without the engine unsurprisingly. PS do you know a mike Skingle he was interested but I don’t have his contact details 

George

The OS200 was not their finest creation but it would be fine for the Hurricane. I would fit it and fly it, you will never get another one of these models and they do look great so i would go for it. 

As for breaking it. Why would you break it? Think of all the reasons you might break it and do something to prevent them. If its a reliability or equipment issue (dead stick, retract failure etc) do the same. Why are those things happening, how can i prevent them. if you think its a flying skill or experience issue then the answer is simple. Plenty of us here fly warbirds, some have direct experience with this model and so there is plenty of good advice out there. Perhaps practice your skills on a similar but more disposable model. 

Thanks Jon My skills are fine it’s just I am not a good scale builder and good scale models take a lot of time.I just as I said like to fly them and in the air even on a very low beat up of the runway I can’t see the fantastic work anyway I admire good builders we have many in our club.I have a nice large zero with a os 5 cylinder radial bought from TJD models all assembled and ready to fly I prefer to get my models that way.

George