Stand alone stabiliser/wing leveller

I've got the great little Arrows Hawk & T33 which are fitted with the bespoke Arrows Vector Gyro:

8CBCD809-13A4-424E-B50B-EC9E631E1E6B_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.2ebd773d59dcec0afa237f9b41ee5ff9.jpeg

Whilst not need for flying it is absolutely brilliant for a guaranteed 100% successful self hand launch. Set it to 'beginners mode' throw the model any old how, without touching the sticks it levels itself & starts to climb away, when I then switch it off for the rest of the flight.

I have several other small fast hand launched models which can be tricky to self launch & could benefit from the same system. 

Unfortunately the Arrows module is not programmable so is unsuitable for other models with different servo configurations.

Can anyone recommend a similar postage stamp sized stand alone gyro/stabiliser that is fully configurable and has 'wings level' & 'off' modes? I can see a number available for £20ish but would be interested in user's practical experience.

I fly Jeti so the cheap Lemon/Orange stabilised Rx's are not an option, whilst the excellent Jeti Assist Rx's cost several times more than the models in question. 

I was going to recommend the Eagletree Guardian, but they don't seem to be available any more and would almost certainly be higher cost than your budget. A quick Google indicates the HobbyEagle A3 Pro or A3 Super should do the job, though they are a bit more expensive than £20...

https://www.hobbyeagle.com/products/a3pro/

https://www.motionrc.eu/collections/rc-airplane-gyros-and-flight-stabilizers  (weirdly looking at the MRC site it appears the A3 Super in v4 guise is now cheaper than the A3 Pro).

Edited by MattyB
  • Like 1