What protocol?

ERIC DODSWORTH

Not sure if I'm in the right place someone here might be able to help

I have a jumper t16 4 in 1 and an I range X 4 in1 trying to find out what protocol works with some receivers I have

These are the RX's they are branded as code but are the same as etronix and tamco not actually going in a plane for a boat

Thanks in advance 

IMG20230604172019.jpg

You're welcome.

Looking at the MPM protocols table, it list FHSS as an option for Kyosho so I'd start there. 

There are quite active boat and radio forums on RCGroups that tend to be quite helpful as well....

I haven't done it so it's all theoretical 🙂

FHSS is simply a method of broadening the signal, it doesnt define the protocol,

Futaba confuse things by calling their 'budget' protocol FHSS, which it is, but FASST also uses frequency hopping.  🙂

Also some manufacturers do 'surface' versions of their protocol... I think all you can really do is to try all combinations!

5 hours ago, ERIC DODSWORTH said:

I know it's fhss but what version the jumper does carona futaba and various other fhss protocol just haven't found the right one yet hoping someone else has already done it and can tell me which one to try

Thanks for the quick reply though 

4 hours ago, Phil Green said:

FHSS is simply a method of broadening the signal, it doesnt define the protocol,

Futaba confuse things by calling their 'budget' protocol FHSS, which it is, but FASST also uses frequency hopping.  🙂

Also some manufacturers do 'surface' versions of their protocol... I think all you can really do is to try all combinations!

TBH I doubt anything is going to work - if the prototocol had been cracked I ssuspect one of Etronix, Tamco or Code would be listed, but it isn't. The fact htis is a) a low cost system and b) does not have a broad user base suggests to me it is unlikely the MPM supports it.

Edited by MattyB