Ripmax futaba warranty

If someone purchased from a shop a futaba product supplied by Ripmax which has a 12 month warrantee, before Ripmax went into administration, how does one stand about a warrantee claim ?

Also, a product purchased after Ripmax administration ?

There will be stock in shops that has sold just before and just after the Ripmax administration announcement ?

Edited by Rich Griff

If you have a problem with a product bought in UK then read what Consumers Association /Which? say about your rights and the action you can take.   I think you can read this without even being a Which? member, so its free advice.   There are different rights about getting a refund under 30 days, after 30 days to 6 months and over 6 months - this might be very important if you have a problem with an expensive item like a Tx bought recently.

If you buy using a credit card ( not debit card ) you have even more protection in cases where the shop goes out of business etc.

Edited by kc

Ripmax is now apparently owned by Amerang however recent Administration Events within Ripmax does not change any warranty issues/claims regardless of when a product was purchased whether it was before or after the recent Administration ,,,

On a retail view, I don't know how much things have changed if at all since I worked at Biggin Hill Models, Models shops would generally give what's called " Reasonable Time " when it comes to how long after the sale of an item where the retailer would honour a refund under warranty,,, After a Reasonable Time " Retailers would normally send the item back to the distributor as a warranty issue for them to then deal with and honour any warranty issues.... As I say I dont know how much that has changed

If you unsure where you stand on any  warranty issues,, I would recommend you give Ripmax a call on 0208 282 7500

Edited by GaryWebb

Thanks guys

Phoned Ripmax, option 2 customer service was an answer phone, option 4 futaba, phone just rang and rang and rang, probably a ty Bach outing.

Phoned amerang, yes futaba service at same address, sorted.

I wonder if amerang still do those inexpensive profile c/l kits ?