Using a receiver battery as well as a Lipo ?

I hope some one on here can help me, as I do not know how to search for the answer.

I have just built a model with a 500kv motor and a 6s Lipo, I want to add,for peace of mind, a seperate battery for the receiver and servos.

My JR system has two battery inputs on the reciever, I have put the lead from the ESC in the throttle port but if I connect the receiver battery in one of the battery ports will that cause a problem? Or do I have to disconnect one of the ESC wires?

I am sure one of you clever chaps on here has the answer.

Thanks in advance

Alec

Advert

You will need to disconnect the red positive lead from the ESC to the RX otherwise you risk damaging your equipment. Personally I like to use a servo extension lead, from which the positive lead pin at the receiver end has been removed and taped back against the lead, rather than permanently disabling the ESC lead by cutting the positive wire.

34 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

You will need to disconnect the red positive lead from the ESC to the RX otherwise you risk damaging your equipment. Personally I like to use a servo extension lead, from which the positive lead pin at the receiver end has been removed and taped back against the lead, rather than permanently disabling the ESC lead by cutting the positive wire.

Unless it's an opto-coupled ESC then nothing needs disconnecting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leccyflyer said:

You will need to disconnect the red positive lead from the ESC to the RX otherwise you risk damaging your equipment.

I'm with Leccy on this one I myself run seperate rx packs as I have in the past had the esc totally fail with a plane and lost all control crashing the plane now all my electric models run rx packs i wont fly an electric plane without one