Does solarspan go off?

Cliff Bastow

I am trying to use some Solarspan 2000 which i have had for a while and do not know how old it is.

I am really struggling to get it to stick and it does not seem to want to shrink! It is not a product I have used before and do not know if I am doing something wrong?

I have tried a range of temperatures on off cuts but nothing seems to work. It seems To need much more heat than the instructions say and even then dos not work very well.

Any help gratefully received.

Cliff.

Hi Cliff,

Don't know about Solarspan but I have recently tried to use old stock Glosstex and it wouldn't stick, the outer gloss finish was sticky and it seemed to me it had been somewhere hot and the adhesive had melted into the gloss side despite the pack being sealed and unopened. I covered a wing with it but had to remove it, it had stuck but not all over and what had stuck lifted off very easily. I have used a small piece for trimming and Coated the back with thinned PVA this I ironed on and it stuck OK. It may work with Solarspan but I don't know about shrinking it