Spitfire Over Berlin on Amazon Prime.

leccyflyer

Tried to watch the film "Spitfire Over Berlin" last night. Horrible. I can't stand the CGI fest which so many aviation films in recent years follow, but this was by far the worst I have ever seen. Shockingly bad. Notwithstanding the bizarre premise of the thinnest of plots, the CGI isn't as good as 1998's Combat Flight Simulator.

25 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

Tried to watch the film "Spitfire Over Berlin" last night. Horrible. I can't stand the CGI fest which so many aviation films in recent years follow, but this was by far the worst I have ever seen. Shockingly bad. Notwithstanding the bizarre premise of the thinnest of plots, the CGI isn't as good as 1998's Combat Flight Simulator.

Watched the trailer; practicing your understatement, I see 😉

The whole cinema going experience has changed so much over the years since the arrival of the huge multiplex 'film factories' where as far I can see from a couple of visits to them, exist to get you in........fleece you for all manner of tat, playing games consoles and buying junk food before the film.........then get you out afterwards PDQ to have you run the gauntlet of the same trash again. A huge and unpleasant, noisy, flashy and chaotic tech bazaar. The film often seems to be incidental.

Maybe a generation thing? I don't miss the grotty fleapits that were about back in the day, but I really used to enjoy visiting some of the lovely large single screen cinemas that were beautifully appointed and comfortable and with staff who did seem to care about your evening. - something a bit special from day to day plain living for most ordinary people. A full evening's programme of entertainment, although the organist was a bit before my time.

First X film I saw was 'Easy Rider' in about 1973 when I was 16. I think the ratings had been recently revised and the old X rating increased from 16 to 18. I was big for my age so they didn't question my and a bike mad mate. ER turns up on TV quite a bit now and is really quite tame when all is considered - a bit variable in parts but still well worth a look and does take me back to that time. Never been interested in the naughty stuff that the film deals with BTW.

I really can't see me ever going to the flicks again considering the quality of their entertainment product and how 90% of it doesn't interest me or the wife in the least. Got a fairly big telly and sound system, so why bother?

Haven't seen Spitfire over Berlin - I'll give it a go and see how long I last.