Assistance with old engine ID's

Jon H

The son of a customer has asked my help in dealing with some of his fathers engines. I have dealt with the Laser stuff and a bunch of other bits i know, but these ones are unknown to me. Just looking for ID's on them for now. They will be available for sale if anyone is interested along with the rest of the collection. There are a few collectable items coming up for those into that sort of thing. 

Anyway this is the rogues gallery for today. Each engine has a numbered tag, please reference it if you know what an given engine is. 

Thanks

9.jpeg

14.jpeg

15.jpeg

16.jpeg

17.jpeg

18.jpeg

20.jpeg

22.jpeg

23.jpeg

Thanks for that info. I suspected some of the engine dated back to the 40's but didnt know they were all that old. 

Any idea of value? I would imagine they have appeal for a collector but no idea how that would translate to a price given the niche market. 

3 hours ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

Thanks for that info. I suspected some of the engine dated back to the 40's but didnt know they were all that old. 

Any idea of value? I would imagine they have appeal for a collector but no idea how that would translate to a price given the niche market. 

Like any old engines only worth what someone is willing to pay . But good ones are scarce and as they were mainly home made they vary wildly . They are Collectable though just have to find the right buyer. I sold mine in a boat a few years ago for £250 so taking inflation ito account I would think £150-£200 ish . Perhaps a Westbury aficionado will be able to help ?

• Like 1

Jon,

It's probably too late now to enter them for the BMFA engine auction to be held at the end of this month. You would surprised even shocked at the prices vintage engines sell for at this jamboree. It will be well worth checking the catalogue to see if there are any engines like the ones you have there and watch the auction to catch the selling prices.

Recently at Buckminster, I was chatting to the guy who was the auctioneer at the last sale and said how amazed I was at how high the bidding went, at which point he thanked me and said he was too. I guess it's a mark of a good auctioneer who can raise the bidding.

• Like 1