Tiger Moth Kit plan

Doug Lawrence

Hi Guys, 

Can anyone help? Just bought at a very nice price a 66" span Tiger Moth kit....unfortunately without plans. Kit is old, was made by Inman Olympic Balsa Products Ltd (now defunct) and carries a Pegasus logo on the box(but not the same logo as the current company).

Happy to pay a reasonable amount either for plan or a copy.

Advert

Hi Peter,

Yes,have already checked most of the plans services and I have downloaded the plan you refer to.

I think I'm on a hiding to nothing with this as it is a kit plan I'm after which reduces the chance of finding one quite appreciably.

Still, who knows, there may yet be someone out there who has a copy tucked away! Many thanks for your response, much appreciated!

If my memory serves me they were one and the same Premier being the last incarnation of the company, I had the premier kit many years ago and I am convinced they it was the Olympic one the factory was very close to me in Essex.

For the small cost of printing the plan out at full size so you can check the parts against it would be the way I would go, there were not many tigers at that size produced.

Hi Nigel 

Thanks so much for the info, the kit box carries the address which is indeed in South Woodham Ferrers, Essex. 

As mentioned I have downloaded the Premier plan and there are parts discernable on it that show a remarkable resemblance to items in the kit🙂 so I'm off to the print shop to get blown up!

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond, much appreciated!

If you have the plan as a pdf then there's no need to get the drawing printed commercially if you have a printer at home. If you're using (say) Adobe Acrobat to view the drawing there's an option either to print the whole thing in A4 sections and tape them together or choose a small part (say a former or rib) and just print that.  Then you can compare the print with your kit parts.

Thanks Nigel, bit of a story attached to this. I'm 83, pushing 84 and I had to give up flying about four years ago as balance probs meant I couldn't stand up to fly, sold all my gear. Worst day of my life, I held A & B certs and was a club examiner and instructor at one point but, hey, life and age catches up!

Faced with another boring winter and having found the kit on FB I thought, heck, I can sit at a table and cut and stick. What the heck I will do with it if or when I finish it I've no idea but maybe keep your eyes on the 'For Sales'!

Thanks for your help my friend.

• Like 2

You're welcome, Doug. Looks like we're almost exactly the same age - I'm 84 in January 🙂   As I said you can print the whole drawing from Acrobat if you select Print - Full Size and Poster.  It will print the drawing in sections of A4 (or your other chosen paper size) which it's easy (but a bit fiddly) to tape together into a useable drawing.  Even better you can just print the parts you're working on.  I prefer a .pdf file to a proper drawing now because of that.

I've had a couple of Premier Tiger's in the past, lost the first in a mid-air. The other got rather oil soaked, I passed it on to a Club mate who refurbished it, converted to electric & it is still flying. Lovely flying model.

I've still got a scan of the instructions in my files which are will attached in case they are of use. It is split into several sections due to the limitations of my scanner at the time.

Tiger Moth Part 6.pdfTiger Moth Part 5.pdfTiger Moth Part 4.pdfTiger Moth Part 3.pdfTiger Moth Part 2.pdfTiger Moth Part 1.pdf

19 hours ago, Doug Lawrence said:

Thanks Nigel, bit of a story attached to this. I'm 83, pushing 84 and I had to give up flying about four years ago as balance probs meant I couldn't stand up to fly, sold all my gear. Worst day of my life, I held A & B certs and was a club examiner and instructor at one point but, hey, life and age catches up!

Faced with another boring winter and having found the kit on FB I thought, heck, I can sit at a table and cut and stick. What the heck I will do with it if or when I finish it I've no idea but maybe keep your eyes on the 'For Sales'!

Thanks for your help my friend.

Sorry to hear that Doug, I am sure you will enjoy the build, makes into a good looking model.

Take care my friend.