Wheel Pants

Erfolg

Has any one created 3d wheel pants, preferably in (i think it is Gcode). Soze parameters in that I can alter the scale in Ultimaker or resize parameters in Fusion.

Failing either, has any one got a strategy for design, preferably as two parts or is a single shell the answer, in either case would supporting in slice be an answer?

I modified the spats/ wheel pants for my Fiat CR42 Falco biplane, from a file of the complete aeroplane that I found online, trimming the STL in Meshmixer to exclude everything except one spat, then thinning that down and altering the overall dimensions to make something which fitted the plan for the model which my pal Jim was building for me . Once that was right, then mirrored the spat and u/c leg fairing to produce a pair, printed in PLA and passed on for incorporation into the model. WE were quite pleased with the results.

I wouldn't see any immediate advantage in printing the spat in two parts, provided you could easily incorporate the axle into the design you might as well print the while thing as one assembly, with the additional strength that imparts.

fiatcr42finished2.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Edited by leccyflyer