Blade 230S V2 SAFE

GrumpyGnome

Mornng.

A friend of mine wants to move from co-axials onto proper CP helis. So went and bought some second-hand stuff......

• 2 x T-Rex 450
  • Spektrum DX7S
  • Spektrum DX8
  • Blade 230S V2 SAFE.

I've fixed and set up the TRex's for him, on the DX7, and he's waiting (impatiently) to use these outdoors if summer arrives.

We bound the Blade to the DX8 and set it up per the instruction book.  Gave it all a wiggle, and took off.  What a twitchy little beast - in every flight mode.  Another club mate has a 230 (non SAFE) and its really easy to fly - they are like chalk and cheese. My friend took his Blade away to try for himself - result? Broken blade holders, bent boom.  So he brought it back to me.

It has a really weird problem that I have never seen before....... 

If you move, say the cyclic full right, the servos move as expected - nice and crisp.  But if you move the stick slightly back to the centre the servo arm moves very slowly.  If you let go of the stick, it takes about 0.25 seconds to get back to centre.  If you move cyclic quickly from full left to full right, and vice versa, the servos seems to work OK.  This behaviour is apparent on all three servos.  If I tilt the heli, the gyro makes the correct servo movements, but again it takes a while for th servo to centre if you put the heli back in the normal 'sit'....

I've checked the settings on the radio, and they are as specified in the manual; I've changed the transmitter, and bound my Radiomaster to it - same behaviour; I've swapped out a servo - same behaviour; I've looked on YT, and tried t'internet - can't find any reports of this.  I haven't read all 490 pages of this thread, but I have searched for 'servo'

Please help.

Yup,I tried setting Ch5 to INH - no change.

I've read the Blade manual - no mention of switching SAFE off.  I'll search for the rx manual. 

I think I have watched that video - I have watched loads - but will watch again. Correction - I watched some!  I'll dial up my anti-enthusiasm barrier and try and watch more of it....

I'll see if I have an rx that will accept the servo plugs - off my Blade 130 perhaps.

Cheers.

Edited by GrumpyGnome