DX 6 battery problem

Rocker

I Have a DX 6 with a Spektrum lithium rechargeable battery but when I charge it up fully and leave it for a week .When I turn it on even though I have not used it the battery is flat .This does not happen with my DX8 .Is this normal for a DX6 or do I need to replace the lithium battery

Charge the battery fully and then either disconnect it from the TX if it has a small connector or take the battery out. Leave it for a week as you've mentioned, replace and reconnect into the tranny and if it's dead, then look at a battery or charging fault, or if it powers up the tranny as normal then it looks like something's draining the battery even when the tranny's switched off. A basic starting point before going further.

As Gary W says, more than likely to be a duff battery, but it's good to be absolutely sure before anything else.

Edited by Cuban8
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rocker said:

I Have a DX 6 with a Spektrum lithium rechargeable battery but when I charge it up fully and leave it for a week .When I turn it on even though I have not used it the battery is flat .This does not happen with my DX8 .Is this normal for a DX6 or do I need to replace the lithium battery

It's either a problem with the battery or a parasitic drain on the Tx. Can you swap batteries between the DX6 and DX8 to determine where the problem lies?

• Like 1