Seeing plane at distance?

My brother has just had surgery for cataracts in both eyes. Each eye was done about a month apart the last one done on Friday. He said the surgery was done in no time and you are sedated at the time so it was nothing to worry about.  He said what surprised him was looking at a white object the eye that wasn't done the object looked a creamy dull colour. They eye that was done was a clear bright stark  white.

He also said driving at night car headlights that were normally glary were not in the eye that was done. He said he had to take out one of the lenses in his glasses when only one of his eyes was done. Now he is very happy it's done. 

20 hours ago, Sam Longley said:

Fit a streamer off one wing, or off the tail. Shows up better in a group of planes.

However, our club rules are max 4 in the air at a time. Seems to me a sensible rule, as it is easy to get distracted.

Not being funny or awkward but did your club take part in the BMFA challenge for as many planes in tge air at once   or did the rules prevent the club from taking part ?

Our club doesnt have any rules like that buf on the dsy a briefinv was held and all models flew in the same direction circuit. 

Edited by Engine Doctor

Quite right and an excellent example of sensible application of rules.  We have the same rule but we worked out a plan for the one off event involving all models flying steady circuits, split into 3 flight levels with the longest duration/more experienced pilots taking off first and flying at the high level. 

We've also made exceptions for multiple models such as Arrows Hawks and Durafly Vampires flying in (sometimes rather loose) formation. 

Mid airs, if had two, both times 2 aircraft up.

1. Bloke spun down from high, I wandered under him. 
2. Bloke pulled humoungous loop, and took the tail off mine at the end of it, as I innocently wandered along. That one was slightly funny, the tail stayed on long enough to start turning to land. Then it fell off. 
Both times agreed anticlock circuits.

On 17/03/2024 at 10:15, Engine Doctor said:

Not being funny or awkward but did your club take part in the BMFA challenge for as many planes in tge air at once   or did the rules prevent the club from taking part ?

Our club doesnt have any rules like that buf on the dsy a briefinv was held and all models flew in the same direction circuit. 

I was not there for the event. But one offs get organised in a proper way, rather than randomly.

For instance we do have a training area to one side of the main field, for helis & they can fly any time (1 at a time)They stay quite low being trained or tested etc. But if someone wants to fly a heli on the main field, the fixed wing boys normally land whilst they fly. It is only for 10 mins & we are all pretty relaxed about it. No one wants to hit a £3K heli with a £1K fixed wing when landing etc Collisions do happen. I have had 2 mid airs with fixed wing & one was with the club instructor who was buddying a trainee.. Both times only 2 of us flying!!!. I have even been hit by another plane landing whilst taxiing off the field.