New Lipo quandry!

Hi Simon, Not an authority on anything RC after returning and finding electrickery powered planes, what's that all about!

After trying a few I'm a HRB fan and have quite a few now. Lost a model in a bramble jungle and recovered it two weeks later, HRB on zero power, "safely" jump started it with a matching battery on storage level, few minutes later its on 9%, onto the charger at 0.1A until it timed out then gently fully charged. Used it a few times now works perfectly charges to 100% with totally even cells! in fact better than a couple of others. 2nd choice when unavailable is Zeeeeeeeee power,  been perfectly good. May be too many eeee's. I have been buying from the HRB store, they tend to ask what connector is required as do the Zeeeee guys.

Also all those Ukrainian drone operators cant be wrong if you've seen some images.

Also have a couple of 6S Turnigy Graphene, bit heavier and bulkier, all good but wouldnt spend the extra money again.

Edited by Frank Day
missed something
  • Like 1

I think one things almost for sure and that is to not take too much stock in the performance claims V price of suppliers. Big C batteries used in EDFs do work very hard and just wont give the same service life time as a cheaper and more moderately used battery in a 'normal' sport model.

I've been getting my lipos from Amazon recently - nothing special, just for my sport flyers that don't get too much of a hammering and find them to be absolutely fine. 6 X 3S 3000 mA  batteries for sixty five quid in a recent Prime offer.

All work fine and well balanced on receipt.

Yes - it's possible to get an unbalanced pack from just about any brand. That's why it is vital to check individual cell voltages as soon as the pack arrives. The key thing then is what will the supplier do about it. Some suppliers will advise that you cycle the pack with a few charge /discharge cycles to see if it settles down. Frankly I'm not keen on that at all, as such cycling is just eating the lipo packs supply of lives and I expect them to arrive in good order. My favourite HRB and Zeee Power packs delivered through Amazon are good as gold and any problem is dealt with immediately with either full or partial credit, or return.