FrSky R6 MINI E firmware update Universal ACCST

Stephen Jones

Yes, it looks like you've come to a dead end for the moment.

Perhaps somebody with a better knowledge of the MPM will come up with something. The correct protocol might be in your module but your tx won't let you select it, I don't know how you can tell that is the case though.

Otherwise, it looks like you'll need to update the ACCST version in your tx to V2 LBT. I'm unsure if you dont lose the D8 option then though, though you could use your MPM for that as you mentioned previously.

Brian.

Advert

I just checked a Taranis X9D plus and with the module flashed to V2 FCC, then the D8 protocol is still available on the module (this Tx pre-dates the change to needing EU-LBT firmware).

If all your existing receivers are using the D8 protocol, then updating the internal module to V2 should leave all binds to existing D8 receivers still OK, but then let you bind to the R6 mini.

Regarding the multi-protocol module (MPM), early firmware only allowed for 32 protocols. A change was then made that allowed 64 protocols, then another change increased this to 256 protocols. It seems your version of openTx came out before the last change, so only supports 64 protocols, even if the module supports more.

To be able to use all the protocols in the MPM needs openTx to be upodated. Updating openTx should not affect the internal module and receivers bound to it. It may, however, update the models in the Tx, so these would then need to be fully checked. If you do choose to update openTx, make a backup of both the model memory (EEPROM) and flash memory so you are able to restore these.

UNI firmware is NOT available for Archer plus receivers as they already support ACCESS and ACCST(V2).

Mike

• Like 2

Great answer Mike, that explains a lot about what Steve is finding.

Just one more please… do the Archer Plus receivers require specific firmware for either FCC or EU(LBT) when operating in ACCST mode, or don’t they care which mode the transmitter is using, as long as it’s V2?

Brian.

1 hour ago, Philip Lewis 3 said:

Looks like they don't care as there is only one firmware version rather than FCC and EU.

That’s the conclusion I came to as well.

18 minutes ago, John Wagg said:

Is there some reason the external MPM module can't be updated to the latest version ?  (or is it limited to just FrSky firmware ? )

I think in Steve (OP’s) case, it’s his older version of Open TX that is limiting the number of different protocols that the transmitter can utilise, even though they are all ‘inside’ the MPM.

Steve is (was) reluctant to update his version of Open TX, but that is probably the only way that he will get his transmitter to see all of the protocols available within his MPM.

Or he could update the version of ACCST on his tx to V2, then the R6 Mini should bind directly with it (in ACCST mode). I was unsure whether that removed the option of D8 (for his other receivers), but Mike has said that D8 stays.

Brian.

My own thoughts are the Taranis 9+ can be updated only with FrSky firmware ?

It's the external module I thought could be updated with the MPM firmware.

But re-reading it is a Frsky XJT module so possibly not - don't know. ?

Even so the module could be updated to contain the FrSky  X2 (D16) protocol to cover the R9 mini.

Leave the internal protocols on the Tx as is.

If updating to the EU/LBT version this may not have the D8 protocol as it is not LBT as far as I understand. ?

Edited by John Wagg
spelling

Looks like my D8 Rx are ok but my D16 Rx no longer working and will not bind on the internal or MPM.

Will look into it further tomorrow .

x4r D16 not working

x6R D16 not working

X8R D16 is working but I think I have Uni firmware on that one.

more to test.

Thanks for the help so far.

BTW I have been using Frsky since the very early days when they only had Hack Modules I have several of them in different Transmitters

Also have lots of Rx too including the early V and D models.

Steve

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mike Blandford said:

The X4R and X6R probably have V1 firmware on them. You could flash them to V2-LBT, or UNI.

As a quick check you could try binding them using the MPM and select FRSKYX D16 (for FCC) or FRSKYX EU for EU-LBT) and see if they bind.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I thought about flashing the Rx but that will be tomorrow now as I have to get them out of the models .

Plus if I flash UNI i would need to get the activation codes from some one.

Cheers Steve.

It’s worth flashing those X series receivers with the UNI firmware.

Do them all, then send a list of the codes generated in the Activate LUA script to either T9 or Aloft Hobbies and they will send you back a list of activation code. From my experience, that has usually been within one working day.

Brian.

• Thanks 1