Elco plug adapter?

Hello all, 

My venerable Eclipse 7 tx has chewed up its Nimh to the point that it won't hold charge for very long. Rather than change tx, which I think is unnecessary, I was trying to find a new pack. No problem stateside, but here? Seems a rare beast. 

I asked Overlander but they won't make one up with an Elco plug. So, does anyone know where I can find a Futaba female to Elco male adapter? Or alternatively, a 9.6v square pack with an Elco plug (ideally Eneloop) 

Advert

Component shop will supply packs with a choice of connectors, see here:

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/9-6v-eneloop-2000mah-aa-square-2x2x2-transmitter-battery-pack.html

If one of those doesn’t suit, either transfer the existing connector to your new pack as Paul suggests, or replace the lead inside the transmitter with one made from a servo extension lead (remove the white wire) and get a battery pack with a standard Futaba connector.

That is what I do on the old Futaba Field Force 7 txs, where the original batteries had tabs that pressed onto contacts in the tx case.

Brian.

Just change the socket to match the Futaba plug. Far easier , cheaper and more reliable than using an adaptor on an old socket .Also check the associated wiring as if the socket is corroded its likely that corrosion will have crept up the wiring . Just had to do a similar job on a car door plug and socket with 17 wires. Plug and socket unavailable without buying the loom costing £100's . Fixed using hollowed out original plug and socket with ñew pin and socket connectors fitted . Cost a couple of £'s.