Not new to RC but new to this platform.

Advert

Once spent a holiday in Charlotte NC staying with some cycling friends. Highlights were a trip to Kitty Hawk and the outer banks and a ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Looks a fine model. Good luck with the maiden.👍

Yes North Carolina. White Lake NC to be exact. Most of the summer is spent on the water so, not much flying going on from May to about September. I will get to the field a few times but mostly fly in spring, Fall and, Winter. 

Great back story on this model. I was heavy into flying from about 2008 to 2018 when I sold everything and got completely out of the hobby. I sold this plane to friend for a steel of deal to keep from throwing it in the trash. Coming back up to speed after covid and the shutdown was an eyeopener! WHAT THE HECK HAS HAPPEND TO OUR HOBBY AND WHAT IS A FOAMY???!!!!!! With that said the fella that bought the Tcraft sold it back to me with little work done to it. When I sold it it was covered and getting ready for finishing. He added the pinking tape and I completed it. So here I am now in 2024 and almost ready for a maiden. The plane is from a Kit and for power I used a DLE 40cc twin. It has all high voltage Hitec servos, 3000 mah lipo on the rec. To cut down on weight I am using a Y harness on the power switch and operating the ignition from an optic kill switch controlled by a switch on the TX. I also made a complete custom interior for the cockpit and the dash panel I made from lite ply. the yoks are light ply laminated together and carved out. 

Thanks for the interest, Bobby.. 

• Like 3