Advert

I have one and can vouch for the easy nature of the build.

Also the point about the paint on the ball joints being a PITA. 

Never maidened so can't say anything on that so far.

It's a nice model 

Toto

9 hours ago, Rosemary Atherton said:

There is a review in RCM&E about a Twin Otter in the June issue. I would like to ask "How on earth can you review any model without having flown it?  If you would like a full detailed review on this model, I would refer you to https://youtu.be/ZZOnLLhQVP0?si=EUQt6X4MEWvQ3MHh.  In my opinion this an excellent review.

Kevin ends his first paragraph with these words:

".....I stepped out with the XFly-Model's latest twin a neatly mounted example of the de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter, to take a few pictures so that I could at least write up the assembly part of this review."

Did you actually read the article Rosemary before you posted?  Perhaps you are more at home watching a video rather than reading a written article.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Did you actually read the article Rosemary before you posted?  Perhaps you are more at home watching a video rather than reading a written article.

Looks like a post with the aim of generating traffic to a YouTube channel.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rosemary Atherton said:

There is a review in RCM&E about a Twin Otter in the June issue. I would like to ask "How on earth can you review any model without having flown it?  If you would like a full detailed review on this model, I would refer you to https://youtu.be/ZZOnLLhQVP0?si=EUQt6X4MEWvQ3MHh.  In my opinion this an excellent review.

Considering that you are associated with ScaleMeDown, whose YouTube video you link to, I don't think your opinion is unbiased.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The ScaleMeDown reviews I have watched so far have been OK ( ish ).

He done a review on the TQ twin Otter and made a criticism that the instructions made little reference to the installation of the electrics. ....... then ..... went on to do the exact same as he explained / illustrated very little himself.

So whilst the presenter is a very nice chap and watchable, I wouldn't say that he is that much better than average.

I dare say that he is probably on par with a lot of these video builds in that many are guilty of bypassing any of the more difficult elements of these assemblies. ...... the bits that most of us tune in to see in the hope of getting answers to. .... However ..... he won't be on his own there. ..... thanks for the attempts anyway.

Toto

Edited by toto

Thanks for the enlightenment David ..... Now it all makes sense.

Naughty girl Rosemary ..... this piggybacking on other forums to take viewers to yours is a bit of a taboo. Go to the back of the class ..... into the naughty corner ...... and ..... sit you down.

toto

Posted (edited)

I suppose not but if the only time you use the forum is when you want to promote your own site ..... maybe that's different.

I'd imagine that most users contribute generally as well as promoting their own self interest. ..... just an opinion of course.

Maybe I read into David's post incorrectly but I read it as a suggestion that Rosemary's visits were occassional and generally with the intention to promote ScaleMeDown. Apologies if I have read that wrong.

Not only that but her post is a bit scathing ( fine .... constructive critisism maybe ) but she uses the facility provided to her FOC by the very organisation she is taking a swipe at who provides it to do it. ..... seems a bit rich.

As I mentioned in my post referencing the " build " video of the VQ twin Otter ..... ScaleMeDown whilst generally good reviews to watch ( on that occasion anyway ) haven't exactly got all their ducks lined up either .... so maybe a quick check that you practice what you preach first.

All good honest opinion of course.

Toto

Edited by toto

Not a bad YT video review of the model if one was looking to buy the product. Not a lot to say really......it either fits together or it doesn't........it flys or it augers in. Pretty much the same for most simple foamies.

Four hundred quid or so......not my cup of tea, but might suit others. Not a waterplane flyer myself but the float version looked very attractive for those who don't mind wet feet from time to time.
😁