Pick a plane 2009

Advert

I'd like to see a multi engined aircraft picked this time, and one model I think that look really good AND be very practical at the 'patch' is the Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer (Twin Pin) This twin engined aircraft, with a tail dragging configuration, and a high wing, would be equally suited to electric or i/c power. Also, it would be something TOTALLY different.

Many plans already exist in various scales for  many of the aircraft suggested so far.

John.

would really like to see a twin and given my history in them (I used to jump out of one at altitude) a

BN Islander would be nice

or if we must have a war bird then

one of the bristols

Beaufighter perhaps

and finally a vote for the

twin engined (Push pull) cessna I believe so we can all re-enact the film BAT21

OK, much as I like warbirds (I voted for the Hurricane), I'd really like to see something civil that's historic and not already kitted and ARTF'd to death, AND something to use the new abilities of modern power systems to make multi's practical.............................SO, here's a short list, all of course EP:-

1. Lockheed Constellation

2. Vickers Viscount

3. Bristol Brittania

but if it HAS to be a "Warbird" .......The Avro Shackleton!

1.  PBY for twin glows at 40 size (lots of good cheap engines available) with retracting floats .....

........... and retracting undercarriage!  or am I being too picky?!  Engines fairly close together so should make good first twin, plus same chord accross wing so that should be straight-forward as well.  The challenge would be that beautiful fuselage!!

2.  Lysander at about 65in span.  Nice intersesting wing and great slow flyer, short takeoff and landing

3.  Fairy Swordfish.  A classic bipe perhaps with working torpedo drop!