Pick a plane 2009

This thread seems to be veering off into the realms of fantasy - how many modellers, especially in this era of instant gratification via ARFs, are really going to sit down and build complex twin engine scale models of obscure prototypes? Contra-rotating prop assemblies? Models with tiny wings and correspondingly high loadings, resulting in evil, unforgiving handling?

Surely the feature plan in a forthcoming special should be something that today's average modeller could tackle with some degree of confidence that he could finish it, and then fly it. I've been building and flying models for the best part of 40 years, and most of the suggestions on this list are models I wouldn't dare to consider.

Dave S.

Thing is with the money supply being a bit of a struggle at present it needs to be affordable by the majority of subscribers rather than the minority, so large four engined jobbies are not really viable.

So far we have had the Typhoon and Hurricane so how about something a little less common with a max of two engines/motors and with a bit of character? for single engined I would like to see a Lavochkin LA-5. for a twin either Arado 240 or the Me 410B-2, if not a warbird then a real headturner would be the Buggati 100,

regards,    Terry