Skis anyone?

Ian Jones

Advert

Phil, thanks re the link, that was what I was referring to when I mentioned torque rods as being the way to go but I in the end I decided to use my old Jack Rabbit which has no existing U/C. So I thought I could get a similar effect using wire legs in a low ironing board style arrangement - the length of the wire legs providing the give.

Anyway I've been too slow on the uptake and the snow has gone so I may well go back to doing a more thorough job on the T40 using that torque rod method after all - making them during the summer!

So there's plenty of time for those nice chaps at RCM&E to collate the ideas from this thread (and anywhere else) and get a ski design/building article together in time for us winter flyers to make use of it - how about it David?

In my opinion NOW is the time to make your skis before the delights of spring drive the thoughts of snow out of your mind - only to re-surface next winter when the snow lies deep and crisp and even and you're rushing around looking for bits of ply to lash something up.

Who knows, in a week or two you could even be congratulating yourself on your foresight!

• 1 year later...