Feels like summer!

Advert

Sorry to hear that Ben it was as David suggested a tad Nippy out of the sun but even on the hill where I took the toucano this afternoon barely a whiff of a breeze and cool or what actually got it to perform an Immeman of sorts. More of a half rolling loop. not bad for 3 ch's eh the dihedral really does take over at low speed. if I'd not leveled at the top but put in some down ele ie: tried going into a bunt, I may have got a full rolling loop. now there's one to try next outing. better make sure I've got plenty of height though or it'll be  hope everyone else had a good one

What a great day here in the midlands. Better by the fact that the patch was not too busy ( Strange considering the weather recently???) Managed a good few flights and maidened my new ( To me) big stick fitted with a 60. Great day and she flew brill. One of the club members even FLEW in ( We have a patch on a microlight runway. What a lucky chap flying in the flying his electric acromaster, time for a chat then flew off. ( Not jealous at all.) Still good day had by all

I

A little. I have now received the new air valves and yesterday at the JMA meeting I test ran the Wren with it's new fod guard and integral starter for the first time, connected up to the airframe fuel system mounted on a board.
Glad I did as I ended up with fuel everywhere due to a leaking "T" piece. It also highlighted the need for a fuel shutoff valve between the tanks and the engine, as well as a switch to disconnect the power from the fuel pump in a hurry.

However, I am now all fired up again after seeing two Cermark F16s flying yesterday and they were superb. One had a flame out but glided in perfectly for a downwind landing.

I'll pop some pics up of the JMA and of my F16 later on.

Sunday was glorious here in Yorks - bit cold though.  It was -2 at 7:00 when I took the Rogue to the park !

Thankfully, a bit later on it warmed up a tad.  Stupid me forgot to put the clocks on and arrived at the field an hour late though - Du'oh !

Got a couple of lights in on the Rogue, flew the Easystreet, Elektro Junior and EHawk.  Oh, and of course, half a dozen on the Wotty  It was a bit breezy mid afternoon  and cold if the sun hid behind a cloud but all in all, a nice day. 

Very quiet - only three of us at the patch as everyone else was at our last indoor meeting of the year. 

GG

took the trusty trojan down to the patch at twopm and the three flyers there were packing up to windy they said, so i stuck a battery in and away she went. lots of comments about the way she handled the wind i think it surprized them. two other fliers came over but decided not to fly so had the patch to myself for two more flights, had great fun trying to get her to fly backwards on low throttle

Beautiful day in Scotland today but a bit windy at the site. First day out for a few days as visiting grandchildren in the far South (Maidenhead) at the weekend and returned with an unidentified and virulent bug. Surprising how quickly immunity to children wears off!

Tried second only flight with GWS P40 but motor playing up, obviously sick like it's owner.

Veteran club member on site with a very small control line Auster powered by a Mills .75. A blast from the past indeed.

Well it was so lovely at the field this afternoon shame no one else made it a slight breeze when I got there at 2 but even that dissapeared by three and with the sun out it was warm enough for T shirts. bit of a bonus I had just landed my fournier when a clipped wing Taylor craft (I think) flew round the field very low and very slow obviously un-aware of the fact that models fly there I think it was a sight seer from taunton race course they had a meeting there today so all I could hear was the commentator all afternoon the race course is about half a mile away. however that didn't stop me playing. Now a question poss food for another thread. How do you know you've had a good day at the patch????? in my case when you go with 3 models and 8 btys and despite the charger working solid all afternoon you finish the day because you've no btys left that are charged and when you get home you've time to have a cuppa and all the repairs and maintenance needed is complete before the 1st bty has finished charging so its big smiles all round 
Now thats a scary smily 

It was lovely wasn't it Gemma we had no mist/fog here in wellington but just down the road a dunkeswell airfield they had it till about 11 ish still the are on the hills there. however we've got it this morning feels a little like autumn out there and its defo to thick to fly in only just able to see the play park about 50 yds away

Beautiful day yesterday, spent the morning off-roading in the Multi-Role-Vehicle (was a course, not just great fun!) and then went to work in the afternoon.  At about 3:45pm I packed a new plane (jet style pusher) into the car and went to go flying - got as far as key in the ignition when the pager went off - forest fires - to ruin my plans.

Typically today its yuck!

I guess that's the price you pay for having a socially responsible job I'm guessing fireman Bryce. Missed the good weather yesterday evening to engrossed in a gearbox  For a 1m model boat I'm building for the grand-kids. still today's dawned clear with a gentle ish breeze so its of to what is bound to be a packed flying field this afternoon maybe try and get there early to beat the rush. here's hoping you all have fun this weekend

Raining in the west of Scotland but very little wind. Who knows, this afternoon could be dry? In the meantime new motor for the P40 has arrived, so time to fire up the soldering iron.

Picked up my first tick of the season after Wednesday's session. Anyone know of a good proven repellant, they seem to target me rather than anyone else in the Club?