High quality pilots

• 3 weeks later...
The simple answer is this.

What is the wingspan of the full size aircraft. divide that by the wingspan of the model and the answer is the size you want. e.g.  Full size 10 metres, Model 1810. That goes into 10 metres 5.52 times so a 1/6th scale pilot would do.

If the model is not scale I would suggest asking the seller for the dimensions and seeing what will fit the cockpit.

At a rough guess I would say 1/6th but not knowing the model I could be wrong

For 1/6+ scale I am reluctant to recommend A H design- brilliant pilots, but as noted on another thread there is an illness in the family and about an 8 week delay on orders.  They are also very light.

Just reread that and thought it might be misunderstood- I am reluctant to recommend them because I need to order 2 soon, and don't want too many orders in front of mine!

Edited By andy watson on 02/12/2009 21:21:20

I too, have been looking for a good lightweight 1/6 full bodied pilot.
Looking on various forums I have read that Pete of Petes Pilots has retired.
There seems to be a real need for decent reasonably priced pilots. Some offering, when you include postage , are almost as much as the plane its self.
Maybe I'll try and make my own.

• 3 months later...
Most pilot figures in our local model shops are awful or far too big. I don't want Bart Simpson flying my planes or someone that looks like Mr T in a bad mood either. I had a go at carving pilots from balsa but my efforts were laughable and most ended up in the bin. Eventually I did get one to look vaguely human and painted him up but he looks scared, so would you if you were in a plane that I'm flying!

Just ordered this chap for my aerobatic job, although he seems to look a bit like Burt Reyonds - maybe I should re-cover the aircraft in balck with gold stripes (ala smokey and the bandit).

Chap who makes them must now be inundated with sales; at least we're supporting British made products!

Edited By Ackers on 04/03/2010 20:05:57

Edited By Ackers on 04/03/2010 20:06:58