High quality pilots

There is a new range of pilots from Assagai pilots, available on Ebay. These are superb, life like with great detail.

I have invested in one for my new model, a 1/5th scale civilian pilot. I also have two for future aerobatic models, these are to 1/6th scale.

The painting is excellent and the detail fabulous. Look at the zip and stitching on the blue jacket.

I

Edited By Peter Miller on 15/04/2009 14:17:16

Edited By Peter Miller on 15/04/2009 14:36:01

They are very light cast resin filled with foam. There are a lot more coming. The chap who makes them tells me that he will only sell them via eBay as this means that he is nor being pressurized to work faster than he wants. That would possibly mean loss of quality.

There are WWII pilots coming.

The pilots are selling for between £13 and £15 or so. When you consider that an unpainted  fifth scale latex comparative blob will cost you about £8.25 that isn't bad.

You can only buy them on Ebay. The chap who makes them as a side line will only sell what he can make and doesn't want any pressure to rush orders.

Go to Ebay, The sequence then is Toys and games---radio contol--aeroplanes and then just put in pilots in the search space.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Yes, I keep looking and some days there are several and then the next they have sold out. Shows how popular they are.

Just put him into your "favourite Sellers and keep checking.

I stocked up, have a couple waiting for models.

I think he has the right attitude. ONly selling what he can make to the standard he insists on working to.

The most effective fuel proofer I've found, where a high gloss finish isn't required, is a water-based varnish (Skin Crylic from Falcon) although I suspect any of the similar products like Poly-C would work.

It's compatible with any paint I've tried it with and appears to be fully fuel resistant by the next day!