Bought a DX6i, just got a question.

Simon Roberts

Advert

Hells teeth, dont pay money for that thing - make one very simply from an old servo plug, just short out the leads from the two end pins and remove or disconnect the middle one, Job done. 

How much for the 6100E and is it definately QC enabled???

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 20/04/2009 15:54:13

Well unless you can confirm if its QC enabled I am not interested.
To test, connect up to battery, plug in servo to any port and switch on the TX and Rx.
Switch off / disconnect power to the Rx ( leave the Tx on. )  and then reconnect as quickly as you can.
Let me know whether the Rx LED was blinking, AND how long it took before control was resumed to the rx after powering back.
I am not saying how long it should have been, but asking.

It works fine with the DX6i or indeed the DX5 - the older DX6 was only DSM1.
The only aircraft  rx that works with that is AR6000 ( actually a very fine rx ) 

OK Simon - sounds like you have not got the latest firmware. I will only be interested if you first send it to HH in the UK and they upgrade it for you first ( this is a free service incidentally )
Otherwise..... someone else may want it - if they are not fussed about QC.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 20/04/2009 19:19:41

Simon re bind plug, if you buy a new AR6200 I think thy come with a bind plug, I know I've got more than 1 now so you must get them when you buy the Rx's.

Not sure why you are selling the 6100e, they are great little Rx's.

QC is quick connect, the original Spektrum Rx's would go through a full boot up if the power was interupted to them and took a couple of seconds to come back on line. The QC upgrade basically gets the Rx to look for the "frequencies" last locked onto 1st before scanning for new frequencies, so that if the Tx has not been switched off (and aquired new frequencies) it will lock back on very quickly.

Isn't the 6100e only a parkie Rx with limited range? my Blade CX2 has this Rx in it
If you dont need 6 channel go for the AR5000. great for mixing ailerons as it has two ports for each servo and is full range and at arouind £35 a real bargin if you can get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S the AR5000 comes with the bind plug, but as Timbo points out dead easy to make one.

Edited By DAVID CLIFFORD on 20/04/2009 21:27:41