Motor not cutting off completely on Easy Glider Electric PRO

I am flying Easy Glider PRO electric with standard Multiplex Power set up and a Futaba 6EX 2.4 transmitter and reciever. Although in pre -flight checks the motor shuts off fine when I,ve been flying for a while even though throttle is swicthed off the prop is still quietly revolving.Even in still air and quiet conditions in a close fly past it sounds as if the motor is still running. I presume that at slow speeds the folding prop will fold and stop revolving. I may say that the prop folds dead easily if you hold the plane in the vertical position. I've tried trimming the throttle both up and down and it doesnt seem to make any difference . Can anybody help please. Best wishes Roderic

Advert

hello roderic---same as above -make sure that the 'brake' is programmed in-soon as you close the throttle-the folding prop-should fold back..................double check that it's nice and free.......

make sure your motor is'nt running on the throttle trim also............
                   ken anderson................

Edited By ken anderson. on 01/05/2009 07:19:56

I have the Easy glider pro with FPV set up. castle creations on to a AXI motor. when the motor is shut off the prop does not move regardless of the wind you will need to set the brake function on the ESC
here is what I have set up on mine
hard cut off + 50% strength

Edited By Ralph Yeates on 01/05/2009 09:47:35

Thank you for your help Ralph.I've found the instruction leaflet for the ESC and see what to do . I must confess to being new to electric flight and hadnt imagined there was such a lot to get ones head round. Its great to be able to get so much help so quickly from the forum, Thank you all again ,  Roderic.

• 3 weeks later...
hi ive had same problem with the easy glider . i know i needed to set the brake  i dug out the instructions for the multi esc and started from scratch. what i did notice was the esc was recognizing a 3 cell lipo battery instead of the 2 cell lipo which i was using . i changed all the setting it worked fine after and the power difference in flight was a lot better. but now and again when i go to switch the tranny on the multi is recognizing a 3 cell battery again it doesnt  seem to save the settings .so once again i have to go through the whole routine again cant get my head round it.any ideas please?

• 2 months later...
I am having exactly the same problem that Roderic initially described. I am flying a Multiplex Cularis with the Multiplex power set. I have set the ESC brake to hard braking but I still experience the problem. My transmitter is the Hitec Eclipse 7 and when this is in glider mode it only provides on/off switching for the motor and EPA adjustment for the throttle chennel is not available. Last time I flew it I found that the motor was still trying to rotate slowly after the model had landed even though the power was switched off.
Has anyone experienced similar problems using this TX and can anyone suggest a solution please?

the wonders of asian programming........... IIRC when you set up a model you have to choose a model type.  Two of the options are 2 or 4 servo wing gliders, as memory serves. It's not something you can change in flight, it's a base setting for the model.  I think that's what is being described.....

I have this issue with a EG standard - supplied in Radio ready form with a Multiplex ESC and brushed 400 motor.  Is it possible to set the brake on this set up - can't seem to find it in the instructions.

Resorted to a small rubber band across the blades at the hub to provide a positive fold.  Even then I sometimes have to loop it or do a stall turn to sufficiently reduce the centrifugal force to enable the fold.

Hi Pat,
No, I am in glider mode throughout the flight. There isn't any easy way to switch between conventional throttle operation and the on-off mode whilst the model is in the air with the Eclipse 7 TX. I have considered flying the glider using the TX's powered aircraft mode. This would allow proportional throttle control but I would lose crow braking, wing camber adjustment and flaperons - all very useful for a 4 servo wing glider.

Hi John, I have no hands on experience of the Eclipse Tx but looking at the pdf of the manual on line EPA is supposed to be available on all 7 channels.
What channel is the switch you are using ?
To test & if possible adjust the EPA with easy to see results could you disconnect the ESC, substitute with a spare servo (if you're using BEC plug a Rx battery into one of the other outputs) then compare the servo sweep with the elevator & rudder servos.