Jamara 2.4 GHz module competition

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
yes I think that it has been a bit of a farce to say the least?  Gliders in Newark........
are saying they have the NEW module in stock so how come the manufacturer/distributor cant honour its own competition???
I mean come on guys.........they asked US to play the game.......they seen to want to keep the ball now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This si beyond a joke........it's laughable, I'm waiting for 2 of the beggars.......I'm not holding my breath?
Pete

me neither.

But then I have only been waiting since 2/7/09 . Ken has been waiting since May!!! It is not the fact that they have not sent it. it is the fact they told me months ago and not sent it. If they had not told me i had won the the module arrived in september it would have been a nice surprise. how ever the other  way round i suppose we feel they owe use a module ( and the the rx at this rate!!)

Posted by Peter Savage on 31/08/2009 22:26:24:
To be honest i think they came in too late for 2.4ghz, Futaba and spektrum have become the favourite and as they are not backwards compatible, people will not want to switch because they got a £100(?) module free in a competition, having to spend a further £30 - £40 on a receiver.
 Where can you get the RX for £30-40 ??? The ones I have seen are £80

Had a chat with one of the very helpful guys at the Nats who works at the Jamara outlet shop in Newark. He informed me that the cheap 2,4GHz Rx Pete mentioned, is not compatible with the new modules and that delivery of the remaining prizes should happen in the next couple of weeks.(I am keeping my fingers crossed -  the freebie Rx idea would be a nice touch too if it happened)

Hi guys
 I found a great website that translates into german. Sent an email this morning and  got the following reply:

Dear Mr Elliot

We will receive a new delivery by the End of September. After that we will send your win to you.

We hope for your understanding.

Thank you in advance

As you can see it won't be arriving before October by the looks of it????

• 2 weeks later...
If this had been a British company rather than a German one, I suspect we would all be really thumping the table by now.  It is disgusting that anyone should have to wait so long to receive their prize.

Perhaps Jamara should take on board what has happened.  If they cannot fulfil their obligations on what was after all THEIR own competition, they should supply an alternative gift such as a gift voucher for €100 or something that we could use to purchase an alternative gift from the Jamara range.

To have to wait so long is unforgivable.  If you run a competition, you know how many prizes are to be awarded and you ensure you have sufficient quantities of THAT prize.

As it is these modules are at best expensive- the receivers are considerably more expensive than the equivalent Spektrum versions and clearly cannot compete.  Jamara should, as a goodwill gesture, give us a receiver as given past performance and customer service, I am not going to invest another 80 quid on a Jamara product.  In fact, I gave up and have purchased a Spektrum module.

If I receive the prize at all- it is being sold on Ebay.

Well I have to say I've been waiting since I was notified I'd won on the 28th of May, so that's 3 1/2 months and still no prize. Not withstanding that's it's free and I should be greatful it's still a poor show and has, for me anyway, damaged Jamara's reputation to the point that now I won't buy any of their stuff.

I've never had their stuff and this would have been a good way for them to have demonstrated to me how good their equipment is make me a Jamara man. Had I got the module and been pleased think how many receivers I'd have bought!

Unless my module arrives with an Rx so I can use it, it will be going on Ebay. Along with many others I would imagine.

This could have been great PR, instead it's gone spectacularly wrong and damaged their reputation.

Well I have sent another e-mail asking what the situation is regarding this farce and guess what.......................NO REPLY AGAIN?
I have asked politely if they are, as a gesture of goodwill, going to include a Rx as a way of an apology?  So we will have to remain seated till the powers that be decide if we are worthy of their product?
Pete