The Cafe

Former Member

Advert

talking about 'free flight'......one of our club member's lost his phase 6 in the river tyne this week-----all hand's lost unfortunatley......he say's when he was working the aileron's in the water it looked as though it was paddling!!!.....he couldn't get it back...so now he has had all the usual ribbing etc.....about 'giant cod'......seaplanes.....fishy story's....'sss

ken anderson.................

hello john-if the wind is n/n east we fly at seaton sluice...if the wind is south we fly nxt to lord collingwood's monument at the mouth of the tyne-place called nott's flat's ...he had wry smile on him the other day when the m/phase went in the drink.......

ken anderson........

Edited By ken anderson. on 07/08/2009 16:39:07

Edited By ken anderson. on 07/08/2009 16:39:48

Cheers Ken - I know the Collingwood monument,  I'll keep a look out for models round there next time I'm up - though the last few times there've been strong westerly winds - not ideal for that location! 

I keep meaning to meet up with PatMac/PatMc - I know he flies in the Seaton Sluice area,  but weather and lack of time usually conspire against me!  And the last time I passed by your club strip at Blyth it was so windy even the seagulls were walking...

Help in which way Phil?

Anyway, anyone remember the Warrior 40? Flew at Sandown alot. Well, I've just come into posession of the 2nd prototype! Many years old, got a very old irvine 40 in it and tips the scales at 6.5lbs dry! Guess ill be keeping the throttle on all the time.

Ill keep y'all up dated.

Serious, we get many days up here spoiled by wind, the Caithness Flyers have on one who fly's gliders, so who do I ask (expert or not) what do I need to know. what are the difference say a slope glider and a glider (that basic).
I have plan's for a Fournier RF4 motor glider 55" (ws) for a .049ci motor, is this the starting point or  would something different be better. I am a complete novice at this type of flying, any suggestion on reading material??
PS John Foggerty and CCR are the Bizz, more from both
Nobby

Edited By Mark Web Tech on 08/08/2009 09:18:34