The Cafe

Former Member

Posted by Phil Wood on 02/01/2011 03:01:27:
Ross....you got it wrong....I'm not a troubled soul, I couldn't be happier.  ....I've just decided that there are a few important things in life that I want........my grand kids!!.........when that little six year old angel jumps on your broken back and screems  "GRANDAD!!!!!".....you can chuck all the laws of fizzicks out the window..........she's got to be Ormed!!

Pol.

I'm glad i got it wrong Pol.

Have fun mate, take it easy.

Unless the above is a joke,and this being in a "free democratic country" if you have to leave should it not be put to a vote?

Surely it is a joke??? 

Sorry Tony but I wont roll over and play dead, Phil is an excellent friend and has offered advice where others have sat back and collected the laurels for members hard work, it is a sad fact that we on this forum are expected to act like we are at a sunday afternoon tea party.
You cannot expect an eclectic group of adult men to act like Shirley Temple 100% of the time, I grew up in the rough end of Birmingham, worked my way through the factories and was a biker for years, I cant change the way I think or act and wouldnt anyway without excellent reason to do so.
Personally I have had enough of this goody-two-shoes mentality and if the powers-that-be cant cut us some slack I am out of here.

Before anyone kicks off guys a couple of points:

1. I deleted Phils last post - and I did it mainly because  it yet again it breeched the confidentiality of a PM - something Phil has been warned about on several occassions to my certain knowledge.

2. You should know that I saw a copy of the PM to Phil and while I will not disclose its content, I will tell that it was in very reasonable and measured tones and was purely a warning.

3. No one has banned Phil  - if he has left he has done so for reasons of his own. The moderators and administrators on the forum have only ever asked Phil to follow the same rules that govern the rest of us - that's all.

4. We all accepted the terms and conditions and the Code of Conduct when we joined. These are not "up for debate" or the subject of a vote. They are the rules of this on-line community and it is perfectly possible to have spirited lively debate and good fun within them in my view and I hope that you will agree and see that in the same way. These rules are there so that everyone can enjoy the forum regardless of age, background, system of belief etc.

5. I hope you all recognise that no one deletes posts lightly - but there have to be frameworks and limits - or the forum will not be the friendly place it is.

I advise that we have a cooling down period on this. To this end I will lock this thread - only temporarly -  I and would suggest that we all reflect on what I have said above.

BEB