Tim's Fly-Fly BAe Hawk

Advert

Hi Dave.... you know what, I am seriously considering smoke system ( maybe just some simple burners like BRC do ) - I think that will really put the finishing touches to her.
Flew her again tonight and I am liking her more and more.
Roodee will be her first "public" showing  on the 19th July
You comin ?

Roodee ?? is that Chester ?? (after a quick google ) Thats only about an hour from me so its sounds a defeinate possibility , cheers for the heads up.  Ill stick it on the calendar and keep my fingers crossed for some sunshine.

Ive used  the small BRC smokies before now and they worked ok but needed a few strapped together to get a decent effect.  I reckon the Hawk should easily handle the weight of the biggies ..reckon those could look the business !!

Dusty, I will post some pics and details tomorrow sometime.... been out flying her again this evening....lovin it more and more !
Absolutely FORGET the fly fly valve - even if you use the flyfly retracts you MUST ditch the valve and use a decent one... robart or similar.
I will stick to the sloper version of  the Hawk on the Orme thanks Alex! 
That 'twil get an airing on the PSS meet nexrt weekend.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 04/06/2009 23:25:19

Very nice build thread timbo, even though it was a tiresome build I'm sure you'll agree she's worth the effort, even though I didn't bother with the spakle and re-spray and she has had a few major rebuild she is a very forgiving model who has a great presence (and scale speed) in the air.

I always enjoy flying her those flat out low passes just make you want to climb on in .......

Thanks James...know exactly what you mean
Should be good Dusty - if you can buy just the valve alone. Seems expensive ?
BVM stuff is also excellent, I use their super simple fill valves which are great. The ops valve I am using on the hawk is actually a simple, but well made and reliable one from spring-air - it came with the retract set I bought .
Ill have a look around and see what else I might have for you.....hang on a little while.

Wow that is a bargain Mirage ! 
I have a few bits here if any of them are of use to you. Just let me know and I will post them off today. The actuator valve is an airpower 2 port 1 x way valve which works well and will be fine for the hawk. If you want any of the other bits , let me know too. There are a couple or three filler valves ( screw on types ) a couple of tee pieces, and an inline connector. The valve you linked to looks like a multiway but may work OK if you blank off the unused ports?
The airpower actuator valve is bottom of the picture.
Whichever valve you decide on get a decent servo to tug it  - they are all quite high friction to ensure good sealng.
I have attached pictures of the cockpit internals that I did - you can just see the air tank strapped under the ply plate which holds the UBEC at the front. A small ply plate was made up to hold the retract valve and servo, and the fill valve is mounted on the fus side just under the valve. HTH

This picture shows the aileron servo connector, and airline that feeds the mains via a small Tee piece -  just visible where the wires and tube are tie wrapped. The blank end of the airline tube simply pushes into a"festo connector" that is exiting the fus where the wing front edge fits.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 05/06/2009 09:42:31

Thanks for the cockpit photo of the layout, this is given some ideas now of how to lay everything out! Ok this is the valve I have, Tim some of stuff you have for offer is possibly what I need, I am going to obviously need a better valve, a filler valve and a air tank which is why I was thinking of getting the robart bits in the earlier post? But if you have what I am need then that would be greatly appreciated! Just let me know the "damage".

Edited By Dusty on 05/06/2009 10:05:04

Hi Dusty.... that valve does not look like the satandard fly fly valve that I had - have you actually tried it to see if its any good?
I dont have a tank I am afraid, and very little tubing...but if you want say...
The airpower actuator valve
A fuelage mounting filling valve and line connector
A Tee piece
then how does £15 plus postage sound ?
Let me know ASAP as I am being hassled to go out now and I could post immediately.