RC Lander Hawker Hunter

James Hindle

Meanwhile ....

Has anyone else built or flow their, any video out there, if the weather is good this wekened and I can loosen up the elvator linkage I'll be off for a fly at Dishforth.

I've not test my lander fan (2399KV) and probably never will, I like to test these things out in the air !

Happy flying everyone

Advert

James, Scott has... he's your man

You prob wont find much on here so check out on the darkside more detailed info for the Hunter there, its a new model and many people  dont have it yet.

But do elighten us with your experiences...

would be interetsing to see what your fan is doind before flying as at the end of the day its a expensive foamy eh...?

The more I fly this, the more I like it, I have settled at 160mm C of G, further back and it's well enough behaved, except that it's starting to pitch up when throttled up, a little like the Panther did on the early [wrong] C of G, so 160mm it is for me.

Landings are sooo nice, flaps cause the nose to pitch down [ideal....but be aware of it], and even in 12mph+ winds this weekend, it was solid as a rock.....speed has increased now the packs have been cycled a few times....not a suprise...but I think I have an answer to MORE speed....I'll let you know how it goes.

Sweet, have you flown handlaunch version yet? what is the speed like  in comparison with the F9 & F-16.. BTW better results with the F-16 covering up the side cheater holes and cutting a new one underneath between the underside stabilator's, also thrust tube.. Much better jet like/scale performance with some nice vertical on the end of a straffing run.

Lucky you with nice tarmac strip!

great to see you enjoying her Scott, I was worried when you first flew her but it like all the lander models there is always something initally that gets you but after a couple of flights they realy do grow to become favourites.

looking forward to seeing you at rufforth in a couple of weeks and having the crac ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

OLd thread but wondering how many of you are still flying it. I got one of the first WSR hunters from BRC, and is still going. Using 2x 3s flightpower 50c 3200mah packs with retacts and flaps stripped out got a radar reading of 125 MPH today in level flight. Love the kit, just looking a little bashed around now but thats EPS for you

Edited By Thomas Barwick on 07/08/2012 21:31:18

Hi, I bought a basic one recently from Hobbyking in the RAF grey/ green colours. I fiound the dihedral was not correct so modified the wing and fuselage to have the correct anhedral. I also managed to shoehorn the LAnder 72mm fan unit as it offered a good increase i thrust over its 68/ 70mm version. I run it on two 4500 3s Lipos in series and it gas very good performance. I also swapped out the mechanical retracts with a set of Changesun DSR's which thus far have worked well on grass. It will hand launch but does need a person with a good throwing arm as she is a bit heavy. The flaps do help on takeoff, and are really usefull as speed brakes during the landing. The colours are humbrol acrylic aerosols over Halford acrylic white primer.

Ady

Hunter 04

Hunter 05

Hunter 03

Hunter 02

Hunter 01

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely colours! Did you buy your retracts? we ended up making our own. That was before we took everything out. I find the dihedral despite not being scale makes it fly really well. What is your auw? mine is at 1900-2000 grams.I bet the lighting set and afterburner kit adds 30 grams or so onto mine

Rc lander hawker hunter

Lander hunter

lander hunter

Edited By Thomas Barwick on 27/08/2012 23:26:37

Well more of a jet red glow XD . nah thought that as its not a scale model then why not add some gadgets,(it came with the lighting set and thought not to waste it. And it looks cool. Im a scale enthusiast( I built a full scale ejector seat ) but thought I would let myself loose on this model with the afterburner.

You can see it in the pic if you enlarge it.

img_4050.jpg