ARTF electric trainer bargain

Advert

nice looking plane. £32
this motor esc combi link £56 
I.C conversion nice sc 40 2 stroke £43

this type of battery battery £ 15 - £20 each. only 1 flight per battery
flight battery Rx battery £15.99. At least 3 - 5 flights per charge

doesn't say what type of servo's but i would guess 4 x MG midi's e.g HS85's servos at £22.00 each £88
If normal 3003's 4 x for £32.50 3003's

prop prop £6

all up for £202!   if 3003's £146.50

I.C £184 ish. + whatever fuel you use but more than one flight each visit.
  If 3003's then £128.50.

Sounds good to me.

D the interested

You could make it alot cheaper than that!

If you shop around you could easily drop the price of motor and esc to about £30(cough giant cod cough). I wouldn't trust those lipos from Ebay, as many on here will tell you. You'd end up buying decent ones anyway. However, the money saved on power train could go towards lipos. RX battery, would hope to get more out of it than that! Save yourself a tenner and buy a £5 JP one from your LHS.

As for servo's. you'd get away with 9 gram jobbies! My E-Pioneer (61") uses 9gram servos very well on a power setup more power full than the one you state. Don't forget, you're not doing 3D manouvers, its a trainer. If you really wanted standard servos BRC do nice ones, 4 for £15. £6 for a prop! £1 for one from the internet.

By my calculations I've just saved you £28. If you wish David, Ill give you the links for the stuff, or you could cast your eye over the E-Pioneer thread and look at what people have set their models up on. 

Ben

Matter of opinion isn't it Phil. Either way it'll cost you around £15. I suppose standards could easily be moved into your second model as well.

I have to say, 9gram servos are a little slow, and don't give much movement. Anyway, It looks like a nice model, wish it was around when I started!

Motor and esc on GC looks ok. Have had mixed dealings with them in the past and has not always been good.
Batteries from EBay? i have 15 now and all have come from Hong Kong. Never had an issue with any of them. Perhaps they wont last as long as Rhino or Flightmax (which if i understand correctly are made in China!) but i pay a fraction of the cost so can buy three times as many for the same price.
I bought some from Aeronuts nearly 2 years ago now and have only just thrown them away. I paid around £10 each for them, 2200 3 cells. Pretty good value and reliability if you ask me!!
The prop i quoted was a wooden one as well so a bit more dosh but more authentic.

D

Probably right Bruce! I must say that i had a wooden prop on my hangar nine piper cub at first but it was not cheap. i swapped to APC after i broke it, which Ben rightly points out it is more likely to do.

Phil, having followed the link to the trainer it does not give a size of servo! Does it take standard?

D the curious

• 5 weeks later...