A few videos from Wings & Wheels

Fog Dart

Took a few vids that i thought some of you guys might like to see. Ali Machinchy - A10 Warthog Ali Machinchy - Half scale Cub Not the best edf hand-launch! o Ali Machinchy - Thrust Vectoring Gas Turbine Various clips

Edited By Fog Dart on 29/06/2009 23:06:28

Advert

Nice vids - taken late on Sunday afternoon?

I would say that good though they are, they don't totally capture the precision and spectacle of the displays. You had to be there to appreciate the flying.

I was disappointed when the Me163 failed to  get away (actually, it was prop driven, not EDF) but it was flown 15 minutes later and it certainly didn't disgrace itself once it got going - ballistic or what?

• 2 weeks later...
I hope Fog Dart doesn't mind me adding my videos to "his" thread, but it seemed more sensible than starting another "W&W videos" thread...

Initial thought was to do a 10-minute edit as I did for Blackbushe.  It quickly became clear that I'd need to make it a 2-part video.  And subsequently a 3-part one!

Hi FD,  

Thanks!  It's a Sony DCR-TRV20E.  Quite old now (I think I got it in 2001), but a fairly expensive one in its day.  10x zoom and a fairly effective image stabilisation system are useful - though even with the image stabilisation, tracking fast moving models across the sky often remains something of a challenge!  Those pylon racers at W&W more than proving my point...

I edit using Pinnacle Studio Plus - currently using version 10, I haven't bothered upgrading from 10 as I don't think there's much difference in the later versions apart from HD which my camcorder doesn't do. 

These videos were produced as avi files, each about 500M in size which I uploaded to youtube.  Youtube's conversion seems to have preserved much of the original resolution.

Unless I start going back through old tapes of previous years' shows the next one I do will probably be the Hop Farm show.  You going to that?