Advert

The goods are often the same as sold by UK retailers with a different badge.
Delivery is slower than most UK mail order but in my experience they seem are honest about stock levels & deliver within the period they specify.The way their postage is charged means it's usually best to consider making up the order to just within the charge band. If you can't or don't want to do that then it's worth considering a UK supplier.

Dave,
If you are placing an order, look very carefully at the stock levels. If they are low or in minus numbers, be careful. If anything you order is out of stock, they'll normally hold back the whole order until they can complete it - that could be very frustrating if it's a minor item. I've placed several orders with them and have been overall very pleased with their service.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
They are great on price and a lot of UK retailers stock the same kits and electronics but my experience of their arf kits is not so good. 

Out of 6 kits, 5 of them had parts missing and it takes months of badgering to get them to send the replacement parts and then often only if you've already made another order to send them with so they don't have to pay the postage.  I'm currently in discussion with the customer service department over a few missing parts from a Decathlon arf and they've already asked if I've made another order yet as they say the parts will be available by the end of the month.  I bought this kit nearly 3 months ago!

Another point to note is that their costs for p&p can be so high that the product is no longer very good value.  However prices for motors, electronics and hardware are very reasonable and I've not yet received faulty electronics.

Delivery times are quite slow; up to 2 weeks.  Customer service is very slow.  Its also good to buy when the dollar is weak and the pound is up.

Hope this helps.

Hobby City/Hobby King, great.

Good value, although does depend a little on the pound. Only CG and BRC can compare.

Not good for your local hobby shop though. Then again, buying from competitors can keep the UK hobby trade honest, thinking of the distributers, rather than the shops.

Service, about  two weeks. Lipos unbelievable value. Need to buy high cost, low weight, at UK prices. As postage is by weight. Although medium weight, high cost UK prices, can still be very good value.

An example is Lipo charger, Hobby City was £30, UK was +£75, differant name, same box and controls etc.  

Erfolg