Seagull ARTF AT6 - Texan

Kelly

Advert

The plastic wheel wells are missing  ,not like Seagull

I would check  to see if  you have all the other  bits and bobs 

When you cut away the covering you may be able to use thin ply and balsa to reinforce the edge of the wheel bays

I got 4 wheels with mine. 2 for the retracts,2 for the fixed U/C.

OH, i read and weep with tears of sadness.

I loved my seagull texan! I purchased the same colour scheme Kelvin as it was certainly the most scale looking, and i could not imagine drawing all those lines on the yellow one.

Had an SC 52 2 stroke in it and it flew at 20% throttle so very scale. docile to fly and a pleasure to watch.
Did the trick Timbo showed me with the Y lead for the retracts battery and loved it.

flying only a couple of months ago, had two nice easy 15 minute flights landed, cleaned up , field boosted the battery refueled flew came to aproach on landing flicked the retract switch and it winged over into a corkscrew straight through a tree and into the pond at the side of the field. smashed it to bits. repaired the fuz but then tried to get a set of wings and they were nearly 70% of the cost of a new kit.

Used the gear in a super chipmunk i bought of BMFA classifieds.
Reading your excellent thread now makes me think i should have just said sod it and bought a new kit.

I hope you love it as much as i did.

Dont really know.
Best possible theory is cross channel inteference. I always check and double check connections and plugs each flight. servos are connected to leads with either clips or cable ties. where plastic collets are supplied i change them to metal ones.
It will never be truely explained, it just has to go down as one of those things.
As i said all the gear has gone in another plane and it all works fine so i dont know.

D

LOL .
They probably did you know. When mine arrived from Sussex Models the canopy was in two pieces. They pilfered another kit on the shelf and posted it to me ASAP.
When i spoke to Nick as Sussex he said they would then order the part to replace it and would not be able to sell the kit till it came.
Still good of them to do this as they could have put it down to packing damage and ordered me one from the distributors which would have took an awefull lot longer.
Well done Sussex
D

Well been out with the Texan, no joy ,the grass is too long
Several attempts to take off all ended with the Texan  nosing over after 1-2 yards.
May try fitting larger diameter rubber wheels, will need to make the wheel wells larger or, wait for the grass to be cut again  .

Over to you Stephen, you may be airborn before me .

Watch out for my next project, its a bit bigger and the U/C longer with larger diameter wheels .

Back to the Ripmax Spitfire for now .

Hi Stephen

Yes to gain access to the linkages if needed. I have since cut the bottom away from the covers so I can gain access  . I have stuck the covers in place with cyano so they are not needed the screws are still in place just to hide the holes.

I have used a Hitec retract servo made for the job  Hitec 

Slid the wheel along the strut until it was a nice centered fit in the wheel well.

A good link if this is your first experience of retracts  Retracts made easy

Use thread lock on the linkage screws when you are happy with their operation

This link tells you how to modify the Y lead to enable a second battery to be used

Took the Texan out yesterday,spent an hour trying to get the engine to start .
Never had a problem with this engine before ( SC46) it would not fire.
Checked everything several times it just refused to start.The only things it can be are  the glow plug or I have some dirt in the carb/needle valve although plenty of fuel getting through to the carb.
as a matter of interest how long  on average will a glow plug last before it needs replacing    

Hi Kelvin,
Plugs can go at any time.
I had a Black horse twister with an O.S 46 LA in. never had a problem in the past, one day would not go. 4 plugs later gave up.
Tested the power panel giving out nearly 12 volts through the plug lead. problem solved.
Just have to check everthing mate. plugs glow stick charged.
Hope you get it sorted the plane is lovely to fly.
OH GOD im filling up again

LOL .
Thats one for the future Stephen, i am waiting for my delivery of the new Chris Foss Wot 4 MK3.
Ripmax have been putting the delivery to shops back and back. But my local model shop have just recieved and e-mail that his stock ha been dispatched so i am getting real excited at the moment.
Think i may put a build thread on here.

D the eager