Building the Nijhuis Lysander

Advert

Hi,
 i have just finished covering the fuselage. my goodness its not an easy shape is it?.  the finish is ok, but i think i have got away with it because its all black and black seems to hide issues( well thats one word for them) and with decals should be even more hidden.

now have to fit control horns to flaps and ailerons and hinge and attach the bottom hatch then apply decals.

i couldnt have done a paint job like max or mario, this is enough stress.

jim

Hi all,
Is it me or are there some pages missing of the thread. I'm sure it was up to page 47, because I have been saving them to USB stick to put them on my workshop PC (no internet). The pages are really useful, but I must admit given the chance I would not undertake the Lysander again. It must be one of the most time consuming projects I have ever done. Then there is the ABS parts (ugh) and the inability to get decent dural for the U/C. I think this should have been an option with the Plan/Pack etc. Now I have got to redesign the mount so that a replacement can be put on without cutting back the fuz etc.
Oh well  - KeepCalm, Don't Panic.
Hugh

hi all,
i I can get thread via explorer ok, and have now managed to get it via firefox. this time i went into my account and set preference to load up first page. may have just been luck.

this weekend i hope to fit the control horns to flaps and ailerons. will let uo know how it goes.

jim

PS lost thread as soon as this message was posted but as you can see managed to get it back again.

Edited By rookie jim on 13/11/2010 09:24:19

I'm having the same problem in Firefox and Explorer. It seems the preference for last page is not working. If I set "My Account" prefences to "first page" then it comes up. They must have upgraded the software and missed a previous fix. Oh well something for Timbo to worry about.

Jack.

Hi all,

I have finished, well more or less. I will now put away until the better weather before i try a maiden flight. by then i hope to have more experience possibly to attempt it myself.

I havent finished the trimming yet or run the engine in but that can wait.

I am a little disappointed with the hinges being white and showing, but i can live with that.

Not sure whether i will use that prop or get a black one. its a 12x6 but i wonder whether a 13 may be better. I have weighed it and its 7lb 2 -3 oz.

I am not sure how well it will fly and i will certainly have more work to do on trim and servos before it goes in the air.

In a way i wouldnt mind if i didnt fly it for some time.

Its been a labour of love and has taken 12 months give or take. next build is something a bit easier( i Hope!) using a kit. D&B sports and scale jodel

This forum has been a tremendous help and boost and i would just like to thank everyone who has given advice , help and encouragement.

here are some pics

">Photobucket" width="350" alt="" />
">Photobucket" width="350" alt="" />

Photobucket">" width="350" alt="" />

Photobucket">

I hope photos come out ok . every time i attached one i got two images.

Not sure whether there should be any roundels on top and / or bottom of wings.

Jim

Mario.

Thank you.

i must admit its great to see the finished model.

starting and contributing to this forum has been a wonderful experience and i hope we can all get together on another build in the near future.

by the way i think you are doing a fantastic job on your halifax build. I get an email of each posting so i can keep up to date with progress and it is one of my bookmarks.

jim

Hi jim do you have a flight plan for the Lysander,Im slowly building a P40 Tomahawk(artf) but have models I plan to master before I fly that one.I always get an expert to fly all my models first so its checked over by someone else,he makes sure all controls are going in the right direction the C of G and if something is wrong o take off he always gets it down safely.I then watch him take off and land a couple of times before I attempt it myself then I know how the model is going to react.

hi stephen

i havent got a flight plan as such. My intention is to get someone from the club who has done a lot of builds to give it a lookover before any flying is contemplated.

I then intend to wait, not only for good weather but also until i have got my A certificate. I am hoping that will be in 1st 3 months of 2011 but i have now probably tempted fate with that.

I want to get practice in after my test so i am looking at easter of thereabouts and hopefully i can persuade an experienced pilot to give its maiden. however i am not too optimistic of getting a WILLING volunteer.

Jim