FlyCamOne2 in Photo & Video Mode

Hi All,

Just thought i would start a discussion on the FlyCamOne2 and its photo mode option. I recently got a new electric glider and decided to attach the flycamone2 to the Green Sleeve and set it up to take photo`s and Video.

What does everyone think ?

I know they are pretty basic photos but under the circumstances they are not bad considering the bad low/light it had to contend with.

Advert

Not a bad attempt Flossie.  Am guessing the audio delay is down to the Youtube processing.  Personally, I would have muted it.  Then stuck a backing track on it.  Photos are good.

Not a bad attempt.  Well done.

BB

• 1 month later...
Here a video I took with the Flycamone2 of the Suffolk countryside:-

And here's some stills of the same area:-

The flycamone2 isn't bad as a toy for someone to mess about with and take their first aerial photographs but the resolution is far to low for video and not suitable for anybody wanting high quality images or video. I have now set up a recorder for my FPV camera and will post some video footage to compare, as soon as the wheather is good enough. 

Edited By Jay28 on 08/12/2009 10:02:11

Flossie
A nice try. The stills are really good.
1. Try not to mount the FlyCam looking through the prop as you get the interference lines. A view looking out down the wing is a good option.
2. Tape over the mic hole to reduce the wind noise. It will still pick up the motor sound through the airframe.
3. Don't shoot with a low sun, it completely messes up the auto exposure. The Flycam is quite sensitive so you can get reasonable video with no sun at all.
4. Try and plan your flight beforehand to show something specific and include the whole flight, take off to landing. (I always find other peoples approach and landing particularly interesting!)
5. The in-flight editing was a bit obvious.
6. Keep it short, it was 1:35 before you even took off, now that could have been edited out.
7. A sound delay appears to be a characteristic of the FlyCam and it gets worse the longer the recording.

Well you did ask for comments!
The FlyCam is a great little thing, so keep posting.

Posted by Peter Savage on 11/12/2009 12:18:10:
Just gone back to my flycam, the bl**dy thing has corrupt the card and i have lost my videos

Peter,  all may not be lost.  I've had good results from software called (if I remember correctly - I don't have it loaded on the "new" PC yet) PC Inspector.  It's recovered photos for friends and neighbours on several occasions when memory cards have been corrupted.  Have a look for it on download.com or tucows.com.

BB.

Thanks for the kind comments, but if the truth be known, I took about 200 stills. I deleted most of them immediately and kept the best 30 or so. The ones shown are the top 5, so they distort the truth a little of what to expect from the flycamone2. Also, I had particular good conditions that day, it was the best flying day I can remeber this year, back in early August.

Peter,

Don't give up on those videos, John is correct, most of the data should be salvageable with the correct software tools.

Good luck with it.

Jay